Complaint Review: simply rest llc

• Updated: Mon, October 29, 2012

• Reported By: shannonaz — snowflake Arizona United States of America
simply rest llc
2010 e university dr suite #23 tempe, Arizona United States of America

simply rest llc changed policies to suit their needs...WHILE I WAS ON THE PHONE tempe, Arizona

I ordered a mattress from Simply Rest on 9-10-12 and received it on 9-24-12. I was told (by both the sales associate (Marty) and the info on the website) that they offer a 90 day Sleep Trial with free return shipping if not completely satisfied.

I contacted them on 10-29-12 and told them I would like to return the mattress. I was told by the returns dept that a RMA# and shipping instructions would be sent to me within 30 minutes.He told me that someone from Customer Service might contact me.

A few minutes later I got a call from Marty (my sales associate) and he told me I was going to have to pay $200-$300 for shipping to return the mattress. I read the "Sleep Trial & Replacements" section (under their "help" menu) to him...

"We know buying a new mattress is a personal experience, and we want you to be happy with your purchase. While we strive to make it very easy for you to select the best mattress for you the first time, you can rest easy knowing that you can exchange or return your mattress easily if necessary. If you're not satisfied with your mattress within 90 days, give us a call to obtain an RMA#. We'll have the mattress picked up and returned to us. You won't pay any shipping or restocking fees"....

He told me to hold the line for a minute and to "refresh my browser a few times". I immediately printed the help page. Marty came back on the line and told me that their policies had changes. I refreshed my browser and they had indeed changed (while I was on the phone).

I feel they should abide by the policies that were in place when I ordered (and requested a return for) my mattress. I with I had read the reviews BEFORE buying from this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/29/2012 04:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/simply-rest-llc/tempe-Arizona-85281/simply-rest-llc-changed-policies-to-suit-their-needsWHILE-I-WAS-ON-THE-PHONE-tempe-Ar-961744. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on simply rest llc