Complaint Review: Sirius XM Radio

• Reported By: Steven — Jericho New York
Sirius XM Radio
Jericho, New York USA

Sirius XM Radio Deceptive Business Practices New York

After our 6 month subscription to Sirius XM Radio was up I received a call from an agent who offered me a deal to extend my service for another 6 months which would automatically renew.  I told them I did not want to renew if it automatically renewd since I did not want to take the chance (that they would hope ) that I would forget to cancel so I told them as long as it cancels at the end of the 6 months that I would extend.  5 months into the 6 month swervice I received a call from Sirius XM agent indicating that our subscription is due to expire Jan3, 2014 and they have a better deal than the deal I was on wich is 24.99 for another 6 months.  Low and behold we started getting bills from Sirius for 101.00 NOT 24.99 as what was sold to me.  After calling and getting the run around from their FOREIGN agents I was told that "Oh the reason you were billed at a higher rate was that you are not allowed to have back to back promos.  That is not the customers responsibility to monitor the company's programs.  SHAME ON YOU!!!  Well I called back again and got someone from Hondurus who tried to explain why which I did not want to hear again.  I asked if the converdations are recorded which I assume they are and told him to pull up both conversations.  1st when I agreed for a 6 month without auto renew and 2nd receiving a call in Dec from their agent offering me another special at 24.99 when he should have known or probably did know what would happen with the billing.  THIS IS ALL DONE WITH TOTAL KNOWLEDGE OF SIRIUS. We should file a complaint with the District Attorney's Office in the state that we reside.  They should NOT be able to continuously rip off people with these shoddy business practices.  I never thought that a company like Sirius XM Radio would resort to this illegal scamming.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/12/2014 06:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sirius-XM-Radio/Jericho-New-York-11753/Sirius-XM-Radio-Deceptive-Business-Practices-New-York-1123194. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sirius XM Radio