Complaint Review: siriusxm

• Submitted: Wed, January 30, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, January 30, 2013

• Reported By: motaki — Centreville Virginia United States of America
siriusxm

siriusxm satellite radio wrongfully sent me to collections after free subscription Internet

I purchased a new vehicle on April of 2012.  It came with a free 6 month subscription to SiriusXM.  Initially they asked me if I wanted to continue my subscription after the 6 months. I denied the request 2 to 3 times.  6 months later i received a bill.

I contacted them and got an outsourced customer care (indian) I couldn't understand 50% of the time, but basically I complained that I never agreed to this and asked her to fix this issue.  for the next hour or so, i was constantly placed on hold in between saying "im talking to my manager i will get this fixed in a min"

I gave up after awhile because I had other things to do.

On January, I received the letter from their internal collection agency stating I owed them a fixed amount.  I called SiriusXM waited about 40mins then they gave me a number to collections.. I called collections and the lady who helped me was very nice but she explained there was nothing she can do, and that i'll have to write a letter to dispute this bullshit of a bill.  but in the meantime I could pay off that collections just incase they decide to tell me the bill was legal and that I had to pay.

I don't care if the bil was for one cent - this is some shady crap and wouldn't be surprised if this happened to many other people...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/30/2013 08:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/siriusxm/internet/siriusxm-satellite-radio-wrongfully-sent-me-to-collections-after-free-subscription-Interne-1005996. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on siriusxm