Complaint Review: S.I.R.S. Sweepstakes Information Reporting Services

• Submitted: Fri, January 14, 2005
  • Updated: Fri, January 14, 2005

• Reported By:Falls Church Virginia
S.I.R.S. Sweepstakes Information Reporting Services
PO Box 36999 Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.

S.I.R.S. Sweepstakes Information Reporting Services Beware! Clever Ripoff! Las Vagas Nevada

I walked in the door today and my wife announced "I Won!" She gleefully showed me a letter which appeared to indicate that she had won $525,439.00! I read it carefully, very carefully! To her grave disappointment, I told her she had not won anything but was buying "report documents and final records" for a "fee" of $19.95, plus handling charges!

The notification is very cleverly written and is totally misleading. Some shyster of a lawyer could argue quite legitimately that they never said anyone was getting anything but a report for the $21.95. I hope some individual or organization does take them to court to see how smart their lawyers really are.

In the interim, I stuffed the envelope with other trash mail, put a stamp on it and sent it back. That act, along with writing this report, does give me some satisfaction.

Don
Falls Church, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/14/2005 06:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SIRS-Sweepstakes-Information-Reporting-Services/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89133/SIRS-Sweepstakes-Information-Reporting-Services-Beware-Clever-Ripoff-Las-Vagas-Nevad-127425. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on S.I.R.S. Sweepstakes Information Reporting Services