Complaint Review: Siskind Business Management

• Updated: Sun, July 14, 2013

• Reported By: concerned-actor — New York New York
Siskind Business Management
1385 Broadway 24th floor New York, New York USA

Siskind Business Management Neil M. Siskind Scam Fraud, Not a talent manager, lawyer, attorney, threaten to sue for services never rendered New York New York

*Author of original report: No police report or law suit was ever filed

*Author of original report: Not a talent Manager

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Apologies

Hello, I met Neil Siskind through a Craigslist ad. He claimed to be a talent manager looking for talent but he turned out to be an attoreny looking to charge his clients for his advice plus take 15% for every job. His company is Siskind Business Management located at 1385 Broadway 24th street NY NY 10018.

I signed with him on June 12 2013. When a manager signs a new client, the actor submits his info to the casting agents such as Actors Access and Casting Networks. Non of these agencies knew of his management company. When I brought this to his attention he said, "I'm not with them just give me your passwords to your accounts and I'll submit you like that." I didnt feel comfortable but went along for a few weeks. Finally, I realized he was not submitting me properly and I lost a few auditions because of him. [continued below]....

..... I changed my passwords and told him I was uncomfortable with the arrangement. He then proceeded to threaten me with a law suit if I dont pay him for his 4 weeks of service.  I never knew he had me on a meter or that I would be paying more than just the standard 15%. He never mentioned this to me. He proceeded to insult my career via email.  I have the emails and have reported him to all the casting agencies as well as filed a report with NYS attorney Greiviance Committee, FTC and BBB.  I'm mainly concerned with younger actors that will fall pray to this scam and pay him for services he never explained during the interview process.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/14/2013 02:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Siskind-Business-Management/New-York-New-York-10018/Siskind-Business-Management-Neil-M-Siskind-Scam-Fraud-Not-a-talent-manager-lawyer-att-1066952. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Siskind Business Management

No police report or law suit was ever filed

AUTHOR: John Henry Soto - ()

I just wanted to close this matter by stating that Mr. Siskind never filed any police report or law suit.  He never had a case and he knows that but as I said in the original report his tactic is using word to threaten and try to scare you.  It Didn't work and he failed.  As a matter of fact I've booked 3 commercials, 1 feature and directed a music video since reporting him so things are going great.  If anyone needs me to prove my success just find me on Facebook under John Henry Soto.  Thank you to Rip Off Report for the opportunity to take action against Siskind Business Management.

Not a talent Manager

AUTHOR: concerned-actor - ()

I have all the emails from Neil Siskind where he threatens to sue me and insults me on my career.  The concern is that he is not a talent manager as he cliams to be.  Neil Siskind is an attorney who charges his actors by the hour for his services.  This was not explained to me.  I have Mr. Siskind confessing that he charges by the hour in an email as well.  I have made these claims and I stand behind them.

In the last 3 days I've contacted many of my industry friends and asked them for help on this matter.  In my conversations with other managers from agencies that currently represent me, none of them knew of his company or his name.  My mistake was signing a contract before checking with my other sources.  My mistake. Those sources are also willing to speak in my defense if I'm taken to court.  Siskind Business Management is a law firm.  They do NOT belong to the acting BreakDown services or the Manager Association of NY or USA.  Standards for any talent manager.  All I'm looking for is a complete separation from Siskind Business Management and Mr. Neil Siskind and for this contract to be cancelled in writing.

I have an attoney working with me from LA on this matter and I'm willing to go to any extrem I need to go through until this contract is void.  Mr Neil Siskind's other (4) clients might not be aware that they are on an attorney's meter everytime Mr. Siskind submits them for work or advises them.

Not one word from my statement was a lie.  I'm an ethical person and have many industry contacts that will attest to this fact. This industry is a tough one but I love it and I will do whatever it takes to protect my fellow performers.  That is what I'm doing here.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Apologies

AUTHOR: apologies - ()

I am sorry for this false information. Please be advised, a police report is being filed against the gentlemen who wrote the report and a subsequent lawsuit will be filed. He took a conversation out of context and has contacted directly my clients to make all these same claims. This is an out of work actor who sits at home and blames the world because he can't find work. I told him I have made a great investment in him and expect him to honor our agreement and follow through so I can get all the money and time invested back. Following that- I have been advised by clients of his postings all over Facebook. So now he can tell the police why he is bothering my clients, who have asked him to leave them alone, as have I. Please check my status with the NY Bar. I am a licensed, respected attorney. This is a guy who makes no money in entertainment, fired his last manager and begged me to help him. All of his facebook postings have been recorded- including the numerous ones bragging how great I am. Then one day he lost his marbles and started posting these things. His associates will likely be spoken to by the police to confirm how great he said I was, until he seems to have lost his mind yesterday. This happens with clients and with the Internet it can not be controlled. That is modern life unfortunately. One guy with no life can damage a proven, successful professional. I will provide references to anyone from my working clients about my record and practices. Again, compare, I am an attorney of 16 years vs. John Henry Soto who has apparently no job and is caught up on the Internet in his fantasies and lies- which the police and courts will pan out. By the way, false filings he has made are against the law. you can not just file untruths with agencies. That is illegal. I have never taken a dime from anyone or asked for one. In fact, I have spent money on this gentlemen's career. If you check into his career, you will see he is not working. He is just disgruntled, confused and unemployed. Again, I am sorry for this. But it is out of my control for the moment.

Neil