Complaint Review: sittercity.com

• Reported By: Mandy — Virginia United States of America
sittercity.com
Chicago, Illinois United States of America

sittercity.com deceptive Chicago, Illinois

We moved to a new area and didn't know anyone. We have 2 children and occasionally we need a sitter for company dinners, etc.  I thought that signing up on a babysitter service would help us find childcare when we needed it. I saw that background checks were done and it made me feel better spending the annual fee, knowing that they had done some checking on those who signed up on their site. I found a coupon online and signed up for a year..because for the "free" trial I could see babysitters but couldn't contact any of them.

We found someone that we potentially wanted to hire to babysit for us and the site asked if I wanted to do a current background check on the person we were looking at.  I paid $14.99 for the basic background check.  It did not tell me that I was paying for a background check that I wouldn't get to see any of. Nothing.  I do not know what criteria they have for "passing" the background check.  I understand that some of the information is personal like ssn, etc. and I didn't want to see that but I paid the money to do a background check on a sitter that SHE gets the benefit of (it shows on her profile that her background check is current).

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/19/2012 06:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/sittercitycom/Chicago-Illinois-/sittercitycom-deceptive-Chicago-Illinois-870713. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on sittercity.com