Complaint Review: sittercity.com

• Submitted: Thu, February 09, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, February 09, 2012

• Reported By: Raven Starlight — Green Island New York United States of America
sittercity.com
20 W. Kinzie St. Suite 1500 Chicago, IL 60654 Chicago, Illinois United States of America

sittercity.com Deleted my account and then did not tell me why it was delted telling me it was company policy not to give a valid reason. Chicago Illinois

*Consumer Comment: They are correct.

I joined sitter city two years ago in hopes of finding a job since I lost mine. I am a college educated woman, and I was hopefull about the site. I hadn't signed on in a few months because I felt as if it wasn't working for me, but I was still looking for employment. They then deleted my account and when I emailed and asked why they simply stated I violated TOS. Which I find strange since I haven't logged on to that site in six months. And that wasn't in the TOS. So when I called the place the woman was rude and curt and told me that the company could delete accounts just because they want to. And also that it's their policy not to tell you what TOS you broke.  I found that rude, and unethical. If something is going on I have a right to know and to clear my name.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/09/2012 11:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/sittercitycom/Chicago-Illinois-60654/sittercitycom-Deleted-my-account-and-then-did-not-tell-me-why-it-was-delted-telling-me-i-836503. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on sittercity.com

They are correct.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

" So when I called the place the woman was rude and curt and told me that the company could delete accounts just because they want to.  "

It is their website and they can delete any account for any reason.   They are not required to give you an explanation.

You didn't mention anything about paying them money, so I'm having trouble seeing how this would consitute a ripoff.

"  If something is going on I have a right to know and to clear my name.  "

Actually, you have no such right.    If you had paid for a service from this site, then I'd agree that they owe you an explanation.