Complaint Review: sixt

• Updated: Thu, May 23, 2013

• Reported By: nuroots — palo alto California United States of America
sixt

sixt fraudulent damage claims , Internet

*Consumer Comment: Sixt is doing this all over the world!

I rented a car with Sixt through the Hotwire website while i was in Vienna. Upon returning the car and checking out at the front desk, the agency informed us of "scratches under the bumper," which obviously were not visible. But since we were covered by the Hotwire insurance, the agent told us it was fine and sent us off after acquiring my signature on an electronic platform. Months later, after returning back to the states, I got the notice in the mail to fill out an accident report. Since I had been away, it took time before I was able to return the accident report. After which, a bill requesting to pay for the damages of EUR 622 came, which is now escalated to EUR 1,010, and threatened to take further by legal actions. We never saw the alleged damage. If I have not seen picture or any evidence that the car was damaged right after the return, then how could it be possible that someone else did not inflict the alleged damages?

I have had numerous contacts with agents from sixt, but they were not able to articulate or explain why it is the insurance we purchased through Hotwire was not taking care of the alleged damage. Nor proof that i had inflicted the damages. They have one document in german with my signature, which was lifted from the electronic version. i have not signed anything that i did not understand, particularly in german. i have contacted Hotwire about this issue, but due to the fact it was booked outside of the states, they were not able to help me other than rerouting me to their contractor, car crawler in europe, which said that they were not set up to follow up and dispute claims.

I've found numerous accounts of customers with similar experiences of being charged fraudulent damages from Sixt: http://www.complaintsboard.com/?search sixt

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/21/2013 03:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/sixt/internet/sixt-fraudulent-damage-claims-Internet-1018157. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on sixt

Sixt is doing this all over the world!

AUTHOR: Amy L. - ()

I rented a car from Sixt Italy in April 2013. They are claiming damages of 400 euros that did not happen while the car was in my possession. I have been going back and forth with them for weeks now.

* They have 3 different versions of what areas of the car were damaged (in two emails and one document they are claiming is the receipt for the repair of damages (which was dated a whole month after I turned the car in.)

* The pictures they sent were taken a full 5-1/2 hours after I returned the car

* They are claiming that since I dropped the car off without an employee signature, that the contract states that I have tacitly agreed to whatever damages they find and attribute to me. I dropped the car off during business hours, but there were no employees around. There was only a sign that said to drop off the keys in the slot.

I have reported this fraud to my credit card company and seeking a lawyer. I am also seeking a lawyer to look into filing a worldwide class action lawsuit. This has happened to too many people. It's ridiculous!!