Complaint Review: Skelly Plumbing

• Reported By: Anon — Spring Texas United States of America
Skelly Plumbing
Tomball, Texas United States of America

Skelly Plumbing Overcharged Tomball, Texas

Skelly Plumbing charged me over $620 to install a closet flange and set a toilet.  I agreed to the outrageous estimate because I had to take off work to meet a repairman and was tired of dealing with this problem toilet myself.  I later realized that the plumber used less than $20 worth of parts (flange, PVC glue, concrete anchors, bolts, and caulk), and completed the work in an hour.  I essentially paid a labor rate of $600/hour.  When I complained to the company they said they charge by task, not by hour, and that I knew up front how much I was paying.  I did, but that still does not make it right.  I am all for paying a fair price for a skill or service, but this is excessive.  To put it in perspective, this is double the average hourly rate for an attorney in this area.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/11/2010 02:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Skelly-Plumbing/Tomball-Texas-/Skelly-Plumbing-Overcharged-Tomball-Texas-660905. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Skelly Plumbing