Complaint Review: SKO Brenner American Collection Agency

• Updated: Sat, April 05, 2014

• Reported By: Vic — Reno Nevada
SKO Brenner American Collection Agency
40 Daniel Street Farmingdale, New York USA

SKO Brenner American Collection Agency SKO Brenner America false owed debt claims attempts to colelct non existing debts Farmingdale New York

SKO contacted me at the end of January 2014 stating that I owe money to DermaWand for product ordered in November 2013.

I had placed an order with DermaWand in November 2013 with a 30-day trial period. I had to return the product as I can not use it due to a health condition.

I contacted DermaWand over the phone within 30-days requesting a return providing the reason for return. Return was approved by DermaWand representative by issuing return authorization number and requesting shipping by the end of December 2013. Shipping was close to Christmas time and deliveries were taking longer than usual thus return was actually delivered to DermaWand on January 2, 2014.

DermaWand billing department was not notified about it in time and tried to bill me 30 days of ordering. I received an e-mail from DermaWand billing department about the expected payment and at that time contacted DermaWand over the phone to inquire about the return status and billing situation. DermaWand representative stated they have received the return and will cancel billing request and verified that I do not owe them any money as product was returned as agreed.

At the end of January 2014 I have received a letter from SKO Brenner American Collection Agency (below referred to as "SKO") stating that I owe them money for DermaWand order. I contacted SKO over the phone inquiring about this and was told DermaWand have never received a return and I am required to pay SKO money.

I immediately called DermaWand to inquire about the situation and was told that they do have records of my return and that I do not owe any money to DermaWand and that will contact collection agency to close the account that might take up to 90-days. I called SKO again and they were rude and telling me that I still owe them money because my return was past 30-days trial period. I responded that DermaWand accepted my return and cancelled any outstanding bills thus I do not have any debts and was not going to pay SKO.

I have not heard from them for a while but lately SKO started calling me again demanding payment. I ignored those calls for a while expecting that account will be closed soon as was promised by DermaWand. Finally I called SKO to confirm that DermaWand does not have any outstanding debts against me and I do not have any business with SKO collection agency and they should stop harassing me. At this time I received false statements: that SKO had contacted DermaWand on my behalf regarding this issue several times and that DermaWand have not received my return thus I still owe debt to SKO.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/05/2014 10:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SKO-Brenner-American-Collection-Agency/Farmingdale-New-York-11735/SKO-Brenner-American-Collection-Agency-SKO-Brenner-America-false-owed-debt-claims-attem-1136538. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SKO Brenner American Collection Agency