Complaint Review: Sky HIgh Tech, Inc

• Updated: Tue, January 21, 2014

• Reported By: Chad — College Station Texas
Sky HIgh Tech, Inc
10223 Broadway St. Pearland, Texas USA

Sky HIgh Tech, Inc aka Impact Direct Lures independent contractors to install Direct TV with the promise of great salaries Pearland Texas

My brother and I both hired out for Sky High Tech, LLc as Direct Tv installers.  The company promised lucrative salaries and the benefits of being sefl employed.

They held back 4 weeks before a paycheck, then the first check they deposited my money into my brother's account. Now we have been waiting 3 weeks for payment and each day we are told the check is in the mail.  The only thing I have received in the mail is my 1099...so I am positive they have my address!!!

They have all subcontractors sign contracts with non compete clauses.  We were required to wear direct tv work shirts as if we were emplyees.  They held retainers from any money that was due to you and required you to purchase parts and supplies through them.

This company does not pay subcontractors!!!! If you are seeking to have direct tv installed, make sure that they are employees for direct tv and not an independenet contractor.

I have done my research on Texas Law regarding subcontractors and I am pursuing legal options to get the money due.  During this 7 weeks with the scam artists...both my brother and I have been evicted, lost both of our vehicles therefore losing our business as we cannot work without a vehicle an ladder.

This company RIPSOFF their installers and takes the customers money all for themselves.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/21/2014 03:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sky-HIgh-Tech-Inc/Pearland-Texas-77584/Sky-HIgh-Tech-Inc-aka-Impact-Direct-Lures-independent-contractors-to-install-Direct-TV-w-1117351. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sky HIgh Tech, Inc