Complaint Review: Skybeam

• Updated: Sun, January 26, 2014

• Reported By: Jon — Bluff Dale Texas
Skybeam
1200 Gambrel Rd. Ste 100 Arlington, Texas USA

Skybeam Refused to refund last months payment for services not rendered. Cancelled our account under suspicious reasons Arlington Texas

We live in a very remote area. Skybeam bought are old provider. We have always had less than good service, but tolerated this as we had few reasonable options. We got service on and off.

Over the last 6 or so months Skybeam's service got noticeably worse. Tech support has a bunch of female twits, that offered contrived reasons for our not having service ie; "Maybe a tree grew up in front of the antenna" really, are you serious? Their suggestion was- if you are not happy cancel.

When we got a technician to come out, he focused on reasons he could not help us, claiming we should never have been given service as we are too far out. Yet my sister-in-law recently got Skybeam and she lives behind me and gets great service. (She also has limits on her bandwidth)

The last time they came out they took our antenna and cancelled our service and took that months payment. (Automatic withdrawal was setup) When I complained we had not recieved any service and would like the last month refunded, their response was "You were aware of the poor service and continued anyway."

As I was talking to one of the airhead women that answer the phone (the girls offer a -don't really give a damn- tone to the conversation) She referred to me as -One of those 'No-data cap' accounts that were grandfathered in. Which made me wonder, was this their excuse to get rid of a client with unlimited bandwidth?

In my opinion, Skybeam has become a rather sleazy company. Use at your own risk.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/26/2014 09:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Skybeam/Arlington-Texas-76014/Skybeam-Refused-to-refund-last-months-payment-for-services-not-rendered-Cancelled-our-ac-1118666. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Skybeam