Complaint Review: skyboxtv

• Reported By:Mountain Home AR
skyboxtv
unknown Nationwide U.S.A.

SKYBOXTV ripoff

skyboxtv offered two free "Dishnetwork" receivers, one 20" dish two remotes, and free installation. They did charge my charge card for the so-called shipping charges of $39.99 but never sent anything out.

Finally a so-called installation man came without even a ladder and refused to even start anything unless we paid for a nontypical installation. I refused and he called his boss and she said a typical installation consisted of the second tv set being on the other side of the wall from the first not twenty feet away as ours is. I cancelled with her.

My next charge card statement indicated they charged us for $39.99 so I called the charge card company and they informed me that since then they had added an additional $189. I instructed her not to pay it.

Now their website notes that they are out of business. I'm relying on my charge card company to fight it for me. I have also contacted the Attorney General for our state, Arkansas, and he did answer immediately with a site to register the complaint. Also a consumer complaint form could be downloaded there. I have all the documentation that was involved all the way through this and will send it to them.

George
Mountain Home, Arkansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/06/2002 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/skyboxtv/nationwide/SKYBOXTV-ripoff-16108. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on skyboxtv