Complaint Review: SKYPE

• Submitted: Thu, February 24, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, February 24, 2011

• Reported By: FormerSkypeUser — in Wisconsin U.S.A.
SKYPE
internet, Wisconsin United States of America

SKYPE Unauthorized Charges internet, Wisconsin

Just wanted to inform other users that I was charged $25 for a Skype "subscription" TEN times on Valentines day, 2011.

I have been a Skype User for two years.

The payments were made through Paypal which is linked to my bank account.  When I saw these charges I notified Paypal who is investigating the activity. I expect to get my money back, as they did email me that after they investigated that they did find the activity to be fraudulent.

Ofcourse, I changed my method of payment to a credit card which is easier to block fraudulent activity but it was alarming to me that Skype's billing system is at best flawed, at worst, in the hands of some fraudster bent on taking my money.

There is no easy way to reach skype to fix the problem and since I informed Paypal of the fraudulent charges I can't use Skype either.

I think I will just give up!  No easy customer service to reach to allieviate the problem.  My advice is to use Skype as a free service but if you go to a paid subscription I would check out another VOIP provider such as Vonage, which I used years ago but abandoned in favor of Skype, because Skype was cheaper.  In my opinion Skype has security problems.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/24/2011 09:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SKYPE/internet-Wisconsin-/SKYPE-Unauthorized-Charges-internet-Wisconsin-699339. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SKYPE