Complaint Review: SkyRide

• Updated: Tue, June 19, 2012

• Reported By: Jay — Atlanta Georgia United States of America
SkyRide
Internet, Georgia United States of America

SkyRide Headband LLC Balloonists Not Honoring SkyRide's Resevations Internet, Georgia

In late April 2012, I reserved a balloon ride for two in Connecticut with Adventure Sports (SkyRide - Headband LLC)

My credit card was charged, as agreed, on May 2nd, 2012.

I received a telephone call from SkyRide the following week giving me the telephone number of the balloonist asking that I call him and give him my email address for the confirmation, information, etc.
At the time I thought this was strange as I had already given them my email address.

Since my trip was still fluid, I called a few days later to inquire the process for changing dates if needed.  I did not change any dates or anything about my reservation.

On June 2nd, 2012, I received an email from the balloonist stating that SkyRide was not paying their contract balloonist and as a result no reservations from SkyRide would be honored and that we (he mass emailed) should contact SkyRide for a refund.

Immediately, I called SkyRide and transferred to customer service and then placed on hold for 10 minutes.  I called back and waited another few minutes before "0" for their operator who then told me they had left for the day.  I explained what happened and that I would be disputing the charge with my credit card company.

I disputed the charge and sent an email to SkyRide.  The following week I got voice message /telephone call asking me if I planned to change the dates.  I did not return the call.

I've gotten no response from SkyRide or the Balloonist.

Unfortunately, SkyRide has until after my trip to answer my credit card dispute.  I am not comfortable rescheduling with another company until this matter is resolved.  So it appears I will have to miss out on an event I was really looking forward to.

My lesson?  Find out if the company actually owns its equipment or is a booking agent.  Don't get caught up in the moment and check them out via the BBB and the internet.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/19/2012 07:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SkyRide/Internet-Georgia-/SkyRide-Headband-LLC-Balloonists-Not-Honoring-SkyRides-Resevations-Internet-Georgia-899638. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SkyRide