Complaint Review: Skyword

• Reported By: NO MORE SHIT — UK
Skyword
Boston, Massachusetts USA

Skyword Bad editors who do not follow guidelines Boston Massachusetts

Please avoid writing for Skyword. I was accepted onto the Kudzu program and started writing. Five of my articles were returned with minor revisions. I wrote a further three articles, and only one was returned. I was told by the program manager that a title could be revised, as long as it contained the keyword. When two of my articles were returned a third time for changes, that were not reported in previous comments, I decided that this program was not for me.

Through conversations with the program manager who has sided with her editors (even though they do not follow the Skyword for Kudzu guidelines), I felt very disappointed. I mentioned. She told me to make the revisions so that she could pay me, but she mentioned a day earlier that payments are only made IF Kudzu accept and publish the article. Perhaps if I had known this from the outset, I would not have had to waste 13 hours on this program, when I could have been working on personal projects.

"I expect that the other eight articles will need revisions, so I will not be wasting any more time. I will keep these articles for my own websites, as I run a health and fitness website. Here's hoping I make enough from Google ads for it to be worthwhile."

Two minutes later, all of my articles were declined with the reason "writer wishes to publish elsewhere."

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when I stated "I expect that the other eight articles will need revisions" it was only an assumption that they would be returned. Perhaps I was even taking the piss. This is not a reason for her to decline all ten of my articles, which is a total of $250 dollars, hence my reason for this report. I had published one article on my website, as it's my copyright and it met all of the criteria for Kudzu, but it wasn't up to the mighty high standards of the editor, Susana.

I am deeply disappointed with Skyword and its editing process. I work for much higher profile websites than this who do not need to nit pick at my work. A word of warning to writers looking for work. Skyword may promise good pay through its network of 'high profile clients' but the reality is that you will not see a dime unless you kiss the ass of the editors reviewing your work.

Kudzu, you lost yourself a good writer because of Skyword's constant nit picking and need to get rid of the writers who want respect and 'bite back.'

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/16/2013 07:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Skyword-/Boston-Massachusetts-02210/Skyword-Bad-editors-who-do-not-follow-guidelines-Boston-Massachusetts-1076345. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Skyword