Complaint Review: sleep confort

• Submitted: Thu, May 17, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, May 17, 2012

• Reported By: Alexis — oceanside California United States of America

sleep confort outwardly lied Internet

Sleep Comfort purposely mislead me about the cost of returning their bed. I was assured by the owners son and customer service the bed would be about $300-$400 to ship from Oceanside, Ca to Georgetown, Ky. The lowest estimate I found so far for pick-up, packaging, and delivery is $940 with the highest being $1334. I called EVERY SINGLE freight shipping company in my area, AND a freight shipping/consumer matching service.
Also, I have a special circumstance to return the bed before the 45 trial -- which is not a time frame for return but a stringently enforced waiting period for permission to return. My 89 year old Alzheimer suffer mother couldn't stand the noise the bed made, so for 44 days this bed sat in my garage. I wonder if I would have also had to wait if she died within the 45 day before allowed to return the bed.
Be aware the price of the bed is negotiable. When I called to return it, I was told I could choose to take a discount on the original purchase price rather than send it back. AND they also had the gall to suggest I sell it on ebay rather than ship it back.
Buy at your own rick AND don't believe a word they say.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/17/2012 10:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/sleep-confort/internet/sleep-confort-outwardly-lied-Internet-884089. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on sleep confort