Complaint Review: Sleepy Sheep Ranch

• Updated: Thu, August 29, 2013

• Reported By: Laura W — Bainbridge Island Washington
Sleepy Sheep Ranch
9324 Fm 898 Whitewright, Texas USA

Sleepy Sheep Ranch Waited 4 months for my shipment of lamb and it arrived thawed and rancid after four days ground delivery over 3000 miles! Whitewright Texas

I was shocked and disappointed to report that after four months of waiting from the time I originally placed my order, I finally received my shipment of lamb yesterday. It arrived completely thawed - warm - and bloody. The delivery box was leaking blood all over the floor. There was no dry ice, or indication there had ever been any.

In checking the UPS shipment log - I was equally shocked to discover that your company sent this delivery UPS Ground. ??? Having lived in Texas for more than 8 years, I am all too familiar with the summers there - and cannot fathom why you would choose to send a highly perishable food item anything buy overnight air delivery?

I have contacted the company by both email and phone, as has Groupon (I originally purchased this through Groupon), to no avail. No reply, no respone, no one answers the phone.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/29/2013 12:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sleepy-Sheep-Ranch/Whitewright-Texas-75941/Sleepy-Sheep-Ranch-Waited-4-months-for-my-shipment-of-lamb-and-it-arrived-thawed-and-ranc-1080201. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sleepy Sheep Ranch