• Report: #1119128

• Updated: Tue, January 28, 2014

• Reported By: J.O. — New York
Sleepys
1000 S. Oyster Bay Rd Hicksville, New York USA

Sleepys Deceptive Sales Practices and Horrible Customer Service Hicksville New York

*Author of original report: Sleepy's Terrible Customer Relations

*UPDATE Employee: Here to Assist

I recently purchased a tempurpedic mattress and adjustable base from the Port Jefferson Station, NY location as a first time Sleepy's customer. Upon completing purchase the sales associate explains to me that if I was not satisfied with the adjustable base that I would be able to return same with a restocking fee of $175. Additionally, he assured me that the adjustable base would fit within an existing bed frame as long as the slats were removed. Upon delivery of the adjustable base it did not fit within my bedroom set and I immediately determined that I could not utilize the base. I went in person to the Port Jefferson Station store and spoke with the sales associate who apologized for the miscommunication and said he would look into the matter and call me back. The district manager was present for this conversation. The sales associate also stated I could just sell the base on craigslist. I left the location and I never received a call. The next day I went in person to the store and was told by the sales associate and district manager they would email the regional manager and contact me by the close of business. Again, never received a call back. The next day, I called corporate customer care who stated it was unacceptable that I had not received a call back and they would email the manager who would reach out to me. Again, I never received a response. Two days later I called customer service who kept me on hold for 10 minutes, stated they would call me back, never did so. An hour later, I called again and was told you're stuck with the base. Days later, I contacted Laleta, the manager of corporate customer care, who stated she would not take back the never used base, I would receive no refund and it was my fault for having decided to purchase the base. However, she would give me a good price on another type of base requiring me to spend more money while being stuck with the useless existing base. This was absolutely horrendous customer service; numerous calls and emails went unanswered. The sales practices of Sleepy's are deceptive. The most frustrating part is I received a better price at Macy's and asked Sleepy's to match the price in order to give them the business originally. What a mistake. I have made it a point to tell everybody I know NEVER to shop at Sleepy's. Do not give this company your business they do not deserve a cent of your hard earned money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/28/2014 04:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sleepys/Hicksville-New-York-11801/Sleepys-Deceptive-Sales-Practices-and-Horrible-Customer-Service-Hicksville-New-York-1119128. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sleepys

Sleepy's Terrible Customer Relations

AUTHOR: J.O. - ()

My experience with this horrible company just gets worse and worse. I received a phone call with "great news" from Lolita regarding the dispute with my adjustable base. I was EXPLICITLY told she spoke with the regional manager and I would be able to return the adjustable base and would be refunded the total amount. I arranged to have the adjustable base picked up Monday. I received a call today from Sharnette within customer relations department who stated Sleepy's would take back the adjustable base and CREDIT me the cost instead of a REFUND which was already agreed upon. She then went onto saying how Sleepy's would take back the mattress and refund that and spoke of me getting a box spring which was NEVER discussed nor did I even intend to return the mattress or purchase a box spring. Just when I actually had faith that this issue was resolved you have a 'supervisor' contact me and completely contradict what was stated to me days prior. I have never dealt with such horrible customer service and incompetency. I am a manager within my organization which consists of over 3300 people. Sleepy's continues to fuel my drive to ensure every single person I associate with never spends a dime with your company. I'm currently 'waiting' for Sharnette's supervisor to call me back , of course 30 mins later I'm still sitting here.

Here to Assist

AUTHOR: Cathy Sable - ()

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and apologize for the poor service you encountered. Please email your order number to csable@mattress.com along with the best contact number to reach you. I am confident that we can bring the complaint to a close with an amicable resolution.