Complaint Review: sleepy's

• Updated: Tue, March 06, 2012

• Reported By: nicholas — mechanicsburg Pennsylvania United States of America
sleepy's
6416 carlisle pike Internet United States of America

sleepy's my underage daughter was coerced by their sales manager to sign off on removal of the old mattress & box-spring after i had specifically ordered setup & delivery of the new items. Internet

*Consumer Comment: Confused..

My 15 year old daughter was coerced by the sales manager to sign off on removal of our old box-spring & mattress. I am fully disabled, walk with the aid of crutches & a back-brace, had informed the sales manager so, and had agreed to pay for set-up and delivery.

We had made this shopping trip on orders from our landlord, who insisted that my daughter's current mattress & box-spring were causing an unsafe environment.  She had observed several TV advertisements and claimed that we could purchase a new set for the one day half price sale with free delivery for as low as $199.99.

When we got to the store, driving in extremely inclement conditions, as I suspected we were told none of this was true, that the sale was over yesterday, and other dishonest sales information.  I cut to the chase.  I was able to come to an agreement on a purchase, and then she pulled her stunt of getting my daughter to sign off on old furniture removal.  I did not realize what my daughter had signed off on.  She told her "here you can sign this honey, it doesn't mean anything".

I hold a retail sales licence.  Her conduct was completely unprofessional.  Their ad was being run.  Not a good experience. The only good thing I have to say is that after contacting the divisional sales manager, a chuck, employee#CB2104,  he arranged to have things taken care of.  I guess this is proof that no matter how bad foolish people attempt to foul things up.  Professional people make things happen.  I will never shop there again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/06/2012 01:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/sleepys/internet/sleepys-my-underage-daughter-was-coerced-by-their-sales-manager-to-sign-off-on-removal-o-849589. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on sleepy's

Confused..

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

What do you mean "sign off"?  Did she sign off to remove it or not remove it?  If it was to not remove it, since you were buying a new one wouldn't you want the old one removed?  Especially if it was unsafe?

Also, where exactly were you when she was signing these documents?