- Report: #969514
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Sleepy's
Sleepy'sLawrenceville, NJ Lawrenceville, New Jersey United States of America
Sleepy's Sleepys Comfort Guarantee Exchange and Sleepy's Everyday Low Price ***Exclusions when Exchanging for Tempur Pedic, Comforpedic, Stearnes & Foster, and others? Lawrenceville, New Jersey
*UPDATE Employee: Dear Amy,
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
I was sold a Stearnes & Foster as I asked for my salesman's card and tried to leave the showroom, saying that I'd think it over and call the next day--would the offer be good and valid (it would be), could we get the bed shipped within x days (he called to verify--it could), would I pay shipping (no), would i buy a mattress protector (no, and we would rather have $100 off, will said, and he got it.), and in the end, through my groaning and haggling and the impending hurricane and the pain in my dear hubby's back, and his willingness to settle in the face of my readyness to leave, the price came down to $1650, tax included, delivery on thursday (we'd pay the second half and schedule delivery from the website), and a sleepy's Comfort Guarantee. He'd had to call the office a few times during the conversation to secure various discounts. As we all agreed and sort of sealed the deal, exhausted and happy to have finally come to conclusion, the salesman drew up the ticket. In the end, he mentioned that so he and his partner could get some commission (they worked as a team), he'd be throwing in a mattress protector as his gift to me.
Our invoice said:
Tax $107 Shipping $99 Mattress Protector $99 Mattress+Boxspring $1342.99 ----- $1649.99
The invoice was weird, but we signed off and paid.
The most comfortable mattress in the store was too weak to comfortably bear our combined weight, and a deep pool created in the center caused my back to hurt in the mornings and have trouble sleeping at night. I knew I needed a firm bed, and all sources assure me that the best supportive memory foam is still Tempurpedic. The TEMPURCloud Series, which compares similarly (i.e., both belong to the "best" category, according to Sleepy's grading system) to my Stearnes & Foster Europlush, and happens to be only $190 difference in "Sleepy's Everyday Prices."
So for comparison's sake, here's the pricing for the Tempu Cloud: $2099 List (website and local store) *$1899 Sleepy's Everyday Low Price (website and local store)
And my Stearnes and Foster: $1999 List $1709 Sleepy's Everyday Low Price
No amount of asking has helped them to budge, citing a "Minimum Actual Price" that is enforced by TempurPedic. As a result, they've ushered me into a less expensive latex and memory foam mattress, one in the "better" category with warranty for just ten years and made in China perhaps, as the salesman told us. So be it then, but now they say even this mattress "Sleep Options Memory Foam 11-inch" (currently available at Wal-mart for $758, plus $150 for box) is unavailable until mid-Jnuary! I'm not inclined to wait, as it says we have only 28 days to wrap up an exchange.
Anyone have any advice?
Pulled from website today, November 13, 2012, the Comfort Guarantee states:
*Available in CT, DC, DE, MA, MD, ME, NC, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, and WV only. If you determine at any time, up to 21 days after delivery, that you are not completely satisfied with your mattress, Sleepy's will allow you to exchange it for a new mattress under the following terms and conditions:
1. If you wish to make a an exchange, bring your receipt to any Sleepy's showroom no later than the 21st day after the original delivery date. NOTE: All exchanges must be completed no later than 28 days from the original delivery date. This means that if you call customer service on the 21st day after delivery, you must be available to reselect a mattress and schedule the exchange and delivery within the following 7 days.
2. EXCHANGE FEE: The exchange fee is equal to the difference between the Sleepy's everyday price of the newly selected merchandise and the Sleepy's everyday price of the originally selected merchandise, plus applicable delivery fees and taxes. NOTE: The customer shall not pay more for the new merchandise than any current non-expired Sleepy's advertised price for that item except exchanges involving any item restricted by a manufacturer's minimum price policy.
3. Note: Law tags must be attached and the merchandise must be in sanitary condition, clean, free of tears, burns and stains of any kind or we will be unable to honor a request for an exchange.
4. The exchange policy applies to mattresses and box springs ONLY and excludes motorized beds, cots, special orders, outlet and clearance merchandise. Sleepy's will not refund or exchange opened sheets, pillows or mattress protectors.
Thank you sincerely,
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/15/2012 06:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sleepys/Lawrenceville-New-Jersey-/Sleepys-Sleepys-Comfort-Guarantee-Exchange-and-Sleepys-Everyday-Low-Price-Exclusions-969514. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.