Complaint Review: Slimgenics

• Submitted: Wed, May 18, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, June 20, 2011

• Reported By: M. Alexander — Hastings Minnesota United States of America
Slimgenics
8320 East City Centre Drive Suite E. Woodbury, Minnesota United States of America

Slimgenics I was totally misled by this company Woodbury, Minnesota

*Consumer Comment: Slimgenics Rocks!

I went to Slimgenics because they offered a way to diet without using artificial food. The promise was to be able to eat normal food, get really good medical advice from them and not be so involved with prepackaged food.

I met a nice lady and she promised I would not have to buy a lot of their food. I would get good medical advice and find a way to eat real food.

She told me to come for a consultation a few days later and I was shocked to be approached after their lecture by someone that wanted me to by a "package deal" of prepackaged food for several thousand dollars. This is NOT what I signed up for! I was pressured to buy this "or the program would not work". This is exactly the opposite of what I was told by the sales lady.

I was encouraged to come back for another appointment and again after a brief and unimpressive
meeting about healthy eating I was put into another uncomfortable super pressure sales pitch to buy a bunch of their food.

I now find that there are many out there that have had the same experience and the food they sell is generic and low cost and they put their label on it and mark it up to a very high price.

They have been totally unhelpful and will not give me a penny back. I paid over $600 for two brief visits that turned out to be sales pitches. They are cold and will not work with you. They want your money. Be careful. They say one thing, take your money and do another.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/18/2011 04:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Slimgenics/Woodbury-Minnesota-55125/Slimgenics-I-was-totally-misled-by-this-company-Woodbury-Minnesota-730521. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Slimgenics

Slimgenics Rocks!

AUTHOR: Bob P. - (United States of America)

It's too bad that people fail to do the research about a company or program before signing up.  I like to be in control of situations where possible, so I don't do foolish things like signing up for a weightloss program without understanding it and the consequences first.  I know, I know... call me crazy (or wise?).

In the case of Slimgenics, I did all the research using a variety of sources including friends who participated in the program and internet blogs.  I went in with my eyes wide open, a desire to lose 40 pounds, and the knowledge that it was going to cost me some serious money.  Overall, I spent just under $1200 and I have lost the 40 lbs in 10 weeks!

I agree that their ad about eating "real food" is misleading, but a simple search on the internet would have helped the complainer understand what they, Slimgenics, means by this.  Yes, there is a bunch of things they want you to buy during the program and you have to "supplement" the "real food" with their snacks, drinks and supplements, but after the program is over and you've hit your goal, you need to be able to eat real food so the program "teaches" you how to do this as you progress and they wean you off of the Slimgenics products as you transition to "real food".

Overall, I am 100% satisfied that I got what I paid for... I'm thin.