stuck

• Submitted: Wed, June 11, 2003
  • Updated: Wed, June 11, 2003

• Reported By:King of Prussia Pennsylvania
SLM
230 Sugartown Road, Suite 200 Wayne, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

AmeriTrain SLM Financial ripoff. I want a refund, but their phones are disconnected, they've packed up shop and disappeared. Wayne Pennsylvania

Two years ago I went through the process of signing up with Ameritrain for computer training. They insisted upon getting ALL of the tuition money up front so I had to take out a student loan with SLM to the tune of about $15,000.

A year ago I started up my own business and due to severe time contraints, I was unable to attend my scheduled AmeriTrain classes. I called them and explained this and they told me no problem, that they would extend my class time another year so that I would have time to attend the classes.

Due to the nature of my business, I was still unable to attend the scheduled classes. When I called AmeriTrain to explain this and to see about getting some kind of refund from them, the phone had been disconnected and they had literally packed up shop and disappeared. I am now paying back a loan to SLM for classes that I never took from a company that no longer exists and cannot be contacted and need to know how to go about filing a lawsuit to get my money back.

Gervase
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/11/2003 10:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SLM/Wayne-Pennsylvania-19087/AmeriTrain-SLM-Financial-ripoff-I-want-a-refund-but-their-phones-are-disconnected-they-60359. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SLM