Complaint Review: Slomin's Shield Home Security

• Updated: Tue, May 14, 2013

• Reported By: June — Odenton Maryland
Slomin's Shield Home Security
125 Lauman Lane, PO Box 1886, Hicksville, , New York USA

Slomin's Shield Home Security Slomin's 5-year contract is a rip-off! Hicksville, New York

I signed a 5-year contract in April 2010 for a home security system. Canceling before the 5 years is up is very costly. If I want to cancel, I would have to pay close to $1000. I was told that I would have to pay close to $600 for the equipment. Mind you that the equipment is now 3 years old and would be worthless given upgrades in technology. The remainder of the cost is for what I call lost revenue from monitoring and monitoring fees. I assumed that there would be some fee involved in canceling the contract but never imagined it would cost me $1000. I am counting the months (23) when I can be free of these rip-off artists. Don't choose Slomins! Don't get sucked into long-term contracts. I hope someone will start a class action against the company!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/14/2013 10:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Slomins-Shield-Home-Security/Hicksville-New-York-11802/Slomins-Shield-Home-Security-Slomins-5-year-contract-is-a-rip-off-Hicksville-New-Yo-1050856. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Slomin's Shield Home Security