Complaint Review: Smart Carpet

• Updated: Thu, July 31, 2014

• Reported By: Chico315 — Willingboro New Jersey
Smart Carpet
1913 Atlantic Ave Manasquan, New Jersey USA

Smart Carpet, LLCSmart Carpet, Inc Deceptive, Buckling Floors, Laminate Floors Manasquan New Jersey

I purchased laminate flooring, via a sales rep Gary from Smart Carpet March 2010. During the demonstration, he used a sample of the flooring and purposely did damage to via water and dropping items on it, to show it was durable and can withstand water if cleaned right away. I purchased approximately 385sq ft in my living room and dining room. When the installers arrived to lay down the flooring, they damaged my glass coffee table in the process. In exchange, they compensated me. A few months after install, I noticed the floors were buckling. For example, I spilled a bottle of water on the floor on my way out for work.

I immediately cleaned the area with an old towel. When I returned home later that day, I noticed that area had a bubble or buckle like raised area. According to the sales rep, cleaning the area right away will not cause any buckling. A year later, my mother had a bathroom leak in her residence. She had a water restoration company respond to repair the damage. Since they had to repair the walls, they had to lift her dura ceramic tiles which were not damaged by the water. When they lifted the flooring, the company noticed they were not installed correctly by Smart Carpet. My mother contacted Smart Carpet with the complaint. They wanted to rectify by replacing it.

She no longer wanted their products and had new tiles and engineer floors placed in her home. She told them they can come to my residence and do they job here that they owe her. I had them cut a small area by the front door and place tiles there. About a month or toe after install, I noticed two tiles began sliding and the grout was breaking up. My contractor who renovated my bathrooms looked at it and stated it was not laid down as good as it should have been. I contacted Smart Carpet & they sent a flooring inspector. He falsified information on his report blaming a creek behind my home which has NEVER caused water issues in these homes for decades.

I would like one of the following:
1.) refund
2.) the problem areas on the laminate flooring & tiles / grout repaired.
3.) the tiles / grout repaired and laminate flooring replaced with engineer floors and I'll pay the difference.

These things also need to happen:
A.) A correct inspection letter with researched true information about the moisture. Remove the writing about the creek and water from it coming to my home because that is false information and will be challenged with township and county documentation on the creek they maintain.
B.) An apology from the female rep I spoke to today, July 31st, 2014 at 0815hrs. She told me I was not telling the truth about my conversation with the inspector, said I'm talking in circles, she was laughing sarcastically while I was speaking to her, etc.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/31/2014 06:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Smart-Carpet/Manasquan-New-Jersey-08736/Smart-Carpet-LLCSmart-Carpet-Inc-Deceptive-Buckling-Floors-Laminate-Floors-Manasquan-N-1166343. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Smart Carpet