Complaint Review: Smart Shoppers Savings Club

• Updated: Thu, August 09, 2012

• Reported By: JoAnnaB — Ontario California United States of America
Smart Shoppers Savings Club
423 E. Thunderbird Rd, Phoenix Az Phoenix, Arizona United States of America

Smart Shoppers Savings Club Tricks you into a contract for a year with no way to cancel or get out of ruining your credit. Phoenix, Arizona

My name is Jo Anna in Ontario, CA and I have tried to cancel my subscription for 2 months now. I lost my job, my apartment, and  have been bouncing around for 2 weeks now. I do not have a permanent address at the moment. I constantly receive harassing phone calls and when I tell them I need to cancel my subscription I am told I will have to pay over a $1,000. dollars for product I have not received. What am I supposed to do I am a single mother with a 6 year old. No money, No stable place at the moment how can a company ruin a persons life like this. Things are already hard, economy is hard. I am looking for a job and then there are telemarketers calling you all hours of the day threatening you. What options
can I take to resolve this issue, I don't even know how I even got mixed up with your company. Now they are going to hinder me even more from opportunities to try and do something for my family. I receive threatening phone calls at least 3 times a week telling me they can not cancel my order and will continue sending magazines to a place I do not live and have not chosen or ordered until I pay them. Then they tell me well just give me a friends address and we will continue sending them there. It's a nightmare. When you ask for a manager they cut you off and say they are the only ones you can speak to. They cut you off saying so how are you going to pay for this, the entire balance or minimum payment.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/09/2012 01:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Smart-Shoppers-Savings-Club/Phoenix-Arizona-/Smart-Shoppers-Savings-Club-Tricks-you-into-a-contract-for-a-year-with-no-way-to-cancel-o-924912. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Smart Shoppers Savings Club