Complaint Review: smart tools

• Updated: Thu, June 28, 2012

• Reported By: Sal — West Palm Beach Florida USA
smart tools
5120 W OVERLAND ROAD #178 BOISE, Idaho United States of America

smart tools work from home for $59.99, and send incorrect info.called customer service and they say that maybe i'm doing it wrong. she said she has no problem getting into the hud program. BOISE, Idaho

*Consumer Comment: setting the record straight about smart tools

they advertised on telivision to work from home to help people receive refunds from HUD. when they send you the so called package for $3.91, I immediately started to read the information. I then tried to connect to the HUD lists to find people that should receive refunds. when I tried to access the page for all HUD Mortgage data that they sent me as follows: http://portal.hud.gov/HUD?src=/program_offices/administration/foia/frequentrequestmaterials/fharefundstate. I tried many times and it did not work. I telephoned and spoke to a female and explained the problem I was having and she kept saying that she gets on the program with no problem. I asked her to read off what she had to open the program and she told me that she couldn't at this time. She kept aking me to sign up for there program SMART TOOLS for $59.99. Do I look or sound that stupid. If there ripping me off for $3.91 then they sure will rip me off for $59.99.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/01/2012 03:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/smart-tools/BOISE-Idaho-83705/smart-tools-work-from-home-for-5999-and-send-incorrect-infocalled-customer-service-an-891730. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on smart tools

setting the record straight about smart tools

AUTHOR: Steve - (United States of America)

I don't know where you got your info but that link you posted is invalid as is your claim about the company. The company you mentioned is legit and I'm using them right now.I went to a different site entirely and it is what they claim. Their site displays everything they say they provide and it's up to you to do the work. About the 59.99 mo. it's actually 39.99 discounted if you were a new user and then the normal price if you quit and then came back. If you are looking to make tons of money here then you are in the wrong place. they specifically state that the most you will possibly make per refund that is processed by the Gov't is around $800 and that is rare and not everyone will be at the address provided because people move or pass away. So again  you have to do the work if you want to find these people who are owed mortgage refunds by the Gov't. I have never seen anything on TV even at nite during all of those infomercials advertising about this sort of thing so I don't know where you got your information from but the only way I heard about this company was that i got a flier in the mail. i did my research on them to see if they were legit and found that they are and have been doing business for over 6 years now. You may have talked to someone pretending to be a refund processing company but I am dealing with the real thing.