Complaint Review: Smart Travel

Smart Travel
key stone crossing Chicago, Illinois United States of America

Smart Travel Said I won a "free trip" only pay for taxes Chicago, Illinois

*General Comment: same here

Just call from Smart Travel in Illinois at Key Stone Crossing. I called because I received a message on my cell phone saying Smart Travel had great news for me. When I called back the lady at Smart Travel stated and my wife heard every word that "I won a 4 day all expanse paid trip for me and my wife".
 It was not until I asked where she explained it was to the Bahama's and later said airfare was included valued at approx. $1500. - $2000. depending on when we decided to leave. She also explained I only needed to pay sales tax which would be approx. $189.00 that was it no other fees or expenses. She continued This was not a time share or any other type of scam where we had to sit though any sales pitches or that there would be any other purchase necessary. We or someone we choose needed to pick up the tickets at Key Stone Crossing in person and it would take approx. 1 hour to fill out the forms.
 After reading all the complains online against Smart Travel I am guessing this is just one more scam this company is pulling. Why is this company still allowed to make these calls if this is not true ? She clearly stated we won this trip and only need to pay sales tax no other fees no sale pitches. So is this just another scam of Smart Travel or did we really win a trip ?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/14/2013 08:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Smart-Travel/Chicago-Illinois-60610/Smart-Travel-Said-I-won-a-free-trip-only-pay-for-taxes-Chicago-Illinois-996934. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Smart Travel

#1 General Comment

same here

AUTHOR: JGD - ()

So I take it you did not go? I got the same call this morning. I just wanted to know if you followed up and what your experience was.