Complaint Review: smarthome.com.au

• Updated: Thu, July 24, 2014

• Reported By: maxi_monster — Auckland
smarthome.com.au
Internet USA

smarthome.com.au Carly De Greef, Franz De Greef took money for orders that were never supplied after much delay and reassurance, closed up shop and reopened behine new ownership Melbourne Victoria/Online

The sales manager of smarthome.com.au was Carly De Greef. Her company promoted a big sale in Q1 2014 for home automation products. The catch, in the fine print was extended delivery delay, approximately 6 weeks.

After 6 weeks there was no sign of product. I queried multiple times via their online forms with no response. I called to be told all was good, but the manufacturers were a problem but it was on its way. When further time passed, I found out that the company had closed up. I contacted the manufacturer who told me they had not been paid.

On the whirlpool forum, I discovered numerous other people had paid money for goods they did not receive.

Paypal refused my claim as their standard cut off for complaint is 45 days. Sadly, 6 weeks is greater than 45 days. So this seems to me to have been a deliberate choice by smarthome.com.au. I took my complaint to WestPac who pursued my claim, accepted my claim and refunded the money.

It has been claimed smarthome.com.au was sold to new owners. Research suggests that the exact same people are effectivey behind the new company, Carly De Greef and Franz De Greef.

The company claims to offer vouchers to those who did not have orders supplied. This is a puzzlement since no offer has been made to me directly, nor have I received any goods. Emails asking for information remain ignored, however marketing emails have been received so they do have my details.

www.smarthome.com.au has now been rebranded http://www.smarthomepro.com.au/

Please beware, it seems to be owned and operated/controlled by the same people as before.

Please dont trade with these people, they cant be trusted to deliver the goods. Whether they chose not to supply or were incompetent, who knows. Dont give them a chance to have your money!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/24/2014 03:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/smarthomecomau/internet/smarthomecomau-Carly-De-Greef-Franz-De-Greef-took-money-for-orders-that-were-never-sup-1164578. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on smarthome.com.au