Complaint Review: SMC Corp

• Submitted: Thu, May 03, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, December 28, 2007

• Reported By:Pleasant Valley New York
SMC Corp
999 Flower Glenn St, Si Simi Valley, California U.S.A.

SMC Corp ripoff refuses to ack returned kit I submitted proof but they sent me to collections and I am being harassed Simi Valley California

*Consumer Comment: SMC Collection Agency - Improper Practices - WHERE TO FILE COMPLAINTS

*Consumer Comment: Spread the word...

While I was on the initial phone call to SMC and after I had given my credit card number, I began asking other questions, at which time I realized I did not want to do this. I asked the rep to please just cancel the charge and she said she could not. I then demanded it and she would not do it. It was the same phone call! They said the kit would be sent DHL and I had 30 days to send it back. I thought I would just refuse it but it came via US mail! They send it to the post office via DHL and there is no way you can refuse it. If you try, the post office will tell you that it will not get back to SMC! I then sent the "required" cancellatin letter along with the kit and kept the postal tracking number report which said they got it back. They waited a few months and sent me to collections! I have never had a collection notice in my life!

I called them and after on hold for almost 10 minutes, told them I sent it back and they claim they have no record of it. They probably wait an appropriate amount of time when they think you cant prove it anymore and then send to collections. I faxed them the receipt and they have not stopped the collection company from calling me. the collectin company says I have to send them the "proof". I refuse to do it. They call me daily with a recorded message. I hang up. Why should I send them the proof when i already sent it again to SMC! a couple of days ago, I received a phone call frm a woman in Florida who received my letter to SMC and a letter from them to fax the proof. She got the same thing because she did not want to do it either. She told me she was calling because they did the same thing to her. I am correspondig with her via email.

Barbara
Pleasant Valley, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/03/2007 04:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SMC-Corp/Simi-Valley-California-93065/SMC-Corp-ripoff-refuses-to-ack-returned-kit-I-submitted-proof-but-they-sent-me-to-collecti-246761. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SMC Corp

SMC Collection Agency - Improper Practices - WHERE TO FILE COMPLAINTS

AUTHOR: Smccomplaint - (U.S.A.)

I also cancelled the SMC membership within the 30 day period. I did not receive the refund promptly so I filed a dispute via my credit card company. The credit card company resolved the dispute and I received the refund. About 4 months after receiving the refund I received a collection notice. I contacted the collection agency, CPS Security. They would not provide, what I consider resanable info, about the collection notice or sufficient info for me to research the collection agency. THEY ONLY HUNG UP ON ME WHEN I TRIED TO PROVIDE INFO TO RESOLVE THE MATTER OR WHEN I ASKED FOR A DETAILED BREAKDOWN OF DEBITS AND CREDITS SMC PROCESSED TO MY CREDIT CARD.

After doing some research this info may be helpful if you've been contacted by a collection agency working for SMC. IT'S IMPORTANT TO REPORT THE COLLECTION AGENCY TO THE PROPER AUTHORITIES AS WELL AS SMC IF YOU BELIEVE THAT THEY'VE ALSO DONE SOMETHING WRONG!!! ALSO, SEND A CERTIFIED LETTER TO THEM AS EXPLAINED FROM THE WEBSITES LISTED BELOW. IT MAY ALSO BE A GOOD TRACKING METHOD TO SEND COPIES OF CERTIFIED LETTERS TO THEIR EMAIL ADDRESS (listed below) AS A SECONDARY WAY THAT WOULD ENABLE THE AUTHORITIES TO INVESTIGATE AND VERIFY COMMUNICATIONS. YOU MAY ALSO WANT TO CHECK IF IT'S LEGAL IN YOUR STATE TO RECORD YOUR PHONE CONVERSATIONS WITH THEM.

NOTE THAT THE COLLECTION AGENCY SEEMS TO USE VARIOUS ALIAS NAMES. THE ONE THAT CONTACTED ME USED THE NAME CPS SECURITIES. HERE'S WHAT I FOUND OUT.

REAL NAME: CHECK PLUS SYSTEMS
ADDRESS 1: 9901 IH 10 WEST, SUITE 665, SAN ANTONIO TEXAS, 78230
PHONE NOS: 877-882-5153, 210-641-1110, 877-277-7271 (SALES), FAX 210-641-1894

EMAIL ADDRESS: sales@check-plus.com

ADDRESS 2: THIS IS ONLY A VIRTUAL SALES OFFICE ADDRESS.. NO PHYSICAL OFFICE. 1 CUPSHAW DRIVE, RINGWOOD, NJ 07456
PHONE NO. 973-962-0289

ftc.gov
welcome.bbb.org

Spread the word...

AUTHOR: P M - (U.S.A.)

Thank you all for these words of caution. I was seeking information on SMCs rep and I have found it in spades here.

I would like to make only one request and that is to please also report this to the Better Business Bureau.

SMC Corp is a member of the BBB and has no complaints filed against them. While I have now bookmarked RipOff as an amazing source for vetting a company, my first action was to check the BBB and there, SMC is in good standing. If you want resolution, file a complain please so that more people can be warded away from this company.

Thanks,