Complaint Review: SMC, Specialty Merchandise Corporation

• Updated: Sat, January 22, 2011

• Reported By: Sindy — Chicago Illinois United States of America
SMC, Specialty Merchandise Corporation
Simi Valley, California United States of America

SMC, Specialty Merchandise Corporation This company is a scam and and they are liars Simi Valley, California

I went to SMC website one day and signed up for selling merchandise from my home. They contacted me and got me into becoming a member. They wanted my credit card information and I gave them a credit card number. They wanted to charge $499 to my credit card but I told then that my credit limit was all the way to the top.

They told me they were going to charge only $24.95 for the first kit and that after 30 days they were going to charge the rest. They lied to me and they tried to charge the $499, but luckily, my credit card company got suspicious and they only approved the $24.95. The credit card company contacted me to let me know.

SMC has told me that I could cancel the membership within 30 days, so one day later I contacted SMC to cancel my membership. They wouldn't let me because they said the the kit was already being mailed. I told them I would return the kit. The kit took almost 2 weeks to arrive. I called them again when I received the kit and and they would not answer the phone. I called many times and and someone answered the phone and when I told them that I was calling to cancel they would transfer me to another phone and kept me waiting for the longest. I finally hunged up. Now they are taking me to collections. This company should be taken off from the face of the earth.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/22/2011 07:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SMC-Specialty-Merchandise-Corporation/Simi-Valley-California-/SMC-Specialty-Merchandise-Corporation-This-company-is-a-scam-and-and-they-are-liars-Simi-685672. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SMC, Specialty Merchandise Corporation