Complaint Review: SMC - Specialty Merchandise Corporation

• Updated: Sun, March 07, 2010

• Reported By: Linda — George West Texas United States of America
SMC - Specialty Merchandise Corporation
996 Flower Glen Street Simi Valley, California United States of America

SMC - Specialty Merchandise Corporation This company does not want you to cancel. Simi Valley, California

I told SMC that I would let others know that I was able to cancel my membership from their company. It was not easy, though. My credit card company went to battle for me. I also had to get a letter from the US Postmaster stating that I never received the  package that I was supposed to have gotten. SMC does not want lose your Credit Card number that lets them keep taking from you each month. I had to cancel my card number and ask the credit card company to help me.

Now I am so glad I did not get the membership packet. Somehow the post office lost it, but I never got it. Please ask your bank or credit card company to help you if you were taken by this company. And please never give your credit card number up front for a free trial because then they can get access to your account every month and they usually take money before you can cancel.

OK. I have let people know that SMC let me cancel. Buyer beware. This is not a company where you will make easy money selling. Maybe there is money to be made after a large investment. Before you can ever make a profit in this company it will take a lot of money from you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/07/2010 07:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SMC-Specialty-Merchandise-Corporation/Simi-Valley-California-93065/SMC-Specialty-Merchandise-Corporation-This-company-does-not-want-you-to-cancel-Simi-V-579212. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SMC - Specialty Merchandise Corporation