Complaint Review: smith family trucking llc

• Submitted: Sun, January 06, 2013
  • Updated: Sun, January 06, 2013

• Reported By: RawnDriver — largo Florida United States of America

smith family trucking llc does not pay drivers,ileagaly leases trucks gainesville, Florida

I started driving for tim smith on 0/12/2012, i sighned a indipendant contractors contract with him on that day.I was told by him that once i was cleared by great-wide that i would drive for great-wide thru- him as a independant contractor,but i never got cleared with them ,so he said that i could drive for him, and i did. he took me to ryder truck leasing of jacksonville,pickittville rd. location.I sighned for the truck that i was to drive,wich was a freightliner columbia,i picked-up a load from south florida that had to go to ohio,the truck had some tolarable issues but as soon as the fuel tanks were low he made me exchange it for a volvo,at the jacksonville location.when i did he tried to prompt me to drive all the way to ohio non-stop.this is against the law,with every load i picked up he tried to make me do this.he also made me return this truck,this is a total of 3 trucks that i have sighned for,after 17 days and thousands of miles driven,i was told to go home for home time and his brother(gary smith) would pick the truck up and drive-it while i was off. tim told me that he would pay me that day at noon ,when his brother arrived he took the truck,gps,cell-phone,and left,tim stoped answering his phone,finally  i called great-wide to find his wear-abouts,they told me what he did was unlawfull,they later told me that the trucks that i sighned for and 5 others were charged to greatwide,basicly he is a crook. I later received a call from him treatining me that because i exposed him that he would give dac a false report and i would never work again,i called the police and got a report number.The hour-wage and labor board has been trying to make him pay me,but no luck yet,this guy is a total crook and should not be aloud to drive a truck let alone have a company,because of him i could not even provide for my family thi christmas.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/06/2013 01:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/smith-family-trucking-llc/gainesville-Florida-/smith-family-trucking-llc-does-not-pay-driversileagaly-leases-trucks-gainesville-Florid-992286. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on smith family trucking llc