Complaint Review: smith stokes chevrolet buick gmc

• Submitted: Fri, March 01, 2013
  • Updated: Fri, March 01, 2013

• Reported By: Integrity1 — Reidsville North Carolina United States of America
smith stokes chevrolet buick gmc
2009 Barnes St Reidsville, North Carolina United States of America

smith stokes chevrolet buick gmc Tried to rip me off for $6500. Lied about needed repair so I got a 2nd opinion Reidsville, North Carolina

Our Duramax dually suddenly wouldn't start so we had it towed to the dealer because they were close by. The next day they told me it needed a new fuel filter even though it still had 75% left. I told them to go ahead and change it since the truck was there so they happily charged me almost $400 for a $20 filter and a 2 minute job. A few hours later they call me and tell me that my truck still will not start, that the injectors were bad and I would need to replace all of them for $6500.

The Duramax is a work truck with my company logo so I can only conclude that they we're trying to rip me off. I had the truck removed from these crooks and towed to Reidsville truck where they diagnosed my problem in 5 minutes. The fuel filter head went bad so my truck had lost prime. The cost of the part is about $130 and about an hour labor.

Shouldn't the Chevy dealer of all shops know how to properly diagnose one of their vehicles? Nobody makes a $6500 diagnostic mistake. Clearly they were trying to take advantage of me.

Be warned!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/01/2013 07:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/smith-stokes-chevrolet-buick-gmc/Reidsville-North-Carolina-27320/smith-stokes-chevrolet-buick-gmc-Tried-to-rip-me-off-for-6500-Lied-about-needed-repair-1022321. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on smith stokes chevrolet buick gmc