Complaint Review: Snap Fitness

• Submitted: Thu, March 12, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, February 02, 2012

• Reported By:Osseo Minnesota
Snap Fitness
13635 Northdale Blvd Rogers, Minnesota U.S.A.

Snap Fitness Stay away from Snap Fitness, they will SCAM you out of your money! Rogers Minnesota

*Consumer Comment: Read other Reviews

*General Comment: 3 months??

*General Comment: Read your contract

Snap Fitness ripped me off. I signed up for this fitness club because of it's close proximity to where I live and it's convenient 24-hour opening. After several months I found that I was attending at a declining rate. I thought to cancel but they told me that I would have to pay application fees and card fees all over again if I ever wanted to return; but that they had a special program allowing you to stay in the system registry without paying fees. They implied that it would be exactly the same as if I had cancelled, except there would be no renewal fees. I thought "why not" and went ahead with it. Three months go by just fine. But after Six months I check again, they have been charging me for the last 3 months.

So I went in and talked to the manager, and she tells me that they start charging again after a 3 month period. This was conveniently left out of the first conversation. I was angry, but they refused to refund any money. I cancelled completely on the spot. One month later they charged me again. They said a 30-day notice is in order (one final "don't let the door hit you on the way out" i guess). I called my bank and put a stop payment on any further attempts to take money.

Stay away from this company. They will try to take your money through loop holes and broken oral promises. Bring your lawyer if you plan to sign any documentation. I'm not their first victim and I won't be their last.

Dave c.
Osseo, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/12/2009 01:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Snap-Fitness/Rogers-Minnesota-55374/Snap-Fitness-Stay-away-from-Snap-Fitness-they-will-SCAM-you-out-of-your-money-Rogers-Min-433520. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Snap Fitness

Read other Reviews

AUTHOR: dante - (United States of America)

Scott,

From doing research on gyms to join, SNAP is at the bottom, or very near the bottom, as respectable or recommended gyms. The simple statement of "Read your contract" furthers the point. Especially coming from an employee.

The culture at SNAP is take take take from the consumer and see if they give up in trying to get funds returned. I have had numerous conversations with friends and family across the country; all have shared similar stories about SNAP.

How do I know this? I attempted a 3-month Groupon trial that has ended horribly. Being lied to my face directly from the owner, and being belittled all the while. I was made to seem like an idiot, as the owner directly refuted exact phrases and instructions from our initial meeting.

For all consumers looking to join SNAP, turn and walk away. Running would be better.

#2 General Comment

3 months??

AUTHOR: KingPanic - (United States of America)

I'm sorry, but how long did it take for you to notice $30-$40 disappearing from your account? I'm looking to join a good club, I found this looking for possible reviews for the Snap Fitness as Rogers MN. While it is slightly misleading for them not to mention the post-3-month fees at first, you probably could have gotten a refund if you were more proactive in watching your finances. I don't feel you were particularly ripped off, and I had no quarrels with joining this club after reading this complaint. I'm not here to bash the writer, but I don't want this review to mislead other possible readers when negligence clearly played it's part in this situation.

#3 General Comment

Read your contract

AUTHOR: Scott Young Personal Trainer - (United States of America)

I have been a member of multiple fitness gyms for the last 30 yrs. If you were to read your contract you would have known that Snap gives you a 90 day freeze period allowing you to go on vacations etc. i.e. sicknesses, injuries and even financial difficulties for your convenience. Snap fitness is one of the FEW gyms that allow you to stay at your original dues and never raise your rates by using this option, unless you quit. Then you would have to start over with new dues, rates etc.(same as any other co. you quit) Most gyms require at least a one yr. contract that you play hell trying to get out of if ever your circumstances change, even moving out of state! Snap fitness does not have a yr. contract, it is month to month with a 30 day written notice to stop or cancel your membership, at this time I am not aware of ANY gym that is this easy to be member of and work with.

I am a professional fitness trainer. Snap Fitness is by far the most lenient in their contracts and dues. You should consider this a very cheap lesson to read a contract before you sign it. You would have known about the 90 day grace period allowed!

Scott Young, Professional Fitness Trainer-Snap Fitness.