Complaint Review: Snow White Goldens - Silvermine Kennel

• Submitted: Wed, December 05, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, August 11, 2008

• Reported By:Oceanside California
Snow White Goldens - Silvermine Kennel
7208 W. Pioneer St. Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.

Snow White Goldens & Silvermine Kennel Fraudulent Puppy Farms claim to sell Cream English Golden Retrievers for $2500.00, but turn out to be Mutts! Phoenix Arizona

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Thank you for letting me know who Tubie is...which is a full blown Trouble Maker

*Consumer Comment: Tubie whom is really Pam Saxton a Golden Retriever breeder!!!

*Author of original report: Snow White Goldens are not in compliance with A.K.C...

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: correction

*Consumer Comment: One quick point...

*Author of original report: Don't listen to the lies...

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: customer satisfaction

*Author of original report: And as for the the following comments by the Silvermine Kennel....

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: This is just not true

My family recently purchased a puppy from the Snow White Goldens Kennel in Phoenix, AZ. We were under the influence that we were purchasing an AKC certified, champion line, pure breed Cream English Golden Retriever for $2500. This is a significant amount of money for a dog, but the breeder and the breeders parent's had us convinced that we would be getting a beautiful, cream colored golden retreiver. The breeders name is Zachary Denny and he is affiliated with his parent's who run the Silvermine Kennel in Greensburg, Kentucky.

These people have lied and scammed our family from day one. My mother called the parent's in Kentucky first to see if they had any puppies available and they said they didn't, but that their son did. So they reffered my mother to Zachary who lives in Phoenix. My mother decided after talking with Zachary and researching his website that she wanted to put a down payment on a puppy. The down payment is $500 and is required in order to save the dog.

Soon there after my mother put a down payment, Zachary conveniently made himself unavailable! He wouldn't answer his phone, and he wouldn't return my mother's phone calls or emails until days later. He claimed the dog was healthy, free of parasites, and ready to go home, so my mother decided to fly to his home in phoenix and pick up the puppy or else it would cost $400 for him to ship the puppy, according to Zachary.

As soon as my mother got to his house, he would not let her in, he wouldn't let her see the Mom of the puppy, and then he proceeded to tell her that the mom dog died two weeks prior because she escaped and was hit by a car! B.S.! The day before my mom got on the plane to go pick up the puppy, she asked if the mom dog was on site and he replied, YES! Zachary, who claims to be an experienced kennel technician, due to his training from his parent's in Kentucky, lives in extreme filth! My mom took the dog, and as soon as she got home she took the puppy to the vet the following day! The vet told her right off the bat, "This is not a Golden Retriever and it is extremely malnourished"! Zachary claimed the dog to be 9 weeks old, but the dog only weighed 4 lbs! A 9 week old golden retriever on average weighs 10 lbs. You could feel the puppies skeleton poking out of her skin, she also had an extremely large belly.

According to the vet the puppy had parasites and was not feed properly! This is animal abuse! My mom was furious, and didn't know what to do. So she called the AKC, and the humane society, and the police. The police said that this was an FBI issue, and the AKC said that they have never heard of these breeders before, and that they were definitely running a puppy farm. The humane society in Phoenix said they would try to investigate him! I would just like everyone to know that these people are liars, cheats, and inhumane! They need to be put out of business! Please do not buy from them! Every animal deserves to be treated humanely!

Kira
Oceanside, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/05/2007 10:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Snow-White-Goldens-Silvermine-Kennel/Phoenix-Arizona-85043/Snow-White-Goldens-Silvermine-Kennel-Fraudulent-Puppy-Farms-claim-to-sell-Cream-English-289288. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Snow White Goldens - Silvermine Kennel

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

AUTHOR: anonomous - ()

And, here is to add to her (Tubie) Pam Saxton's buddy too, how you guys all like to have your names and lives F'ed up, isn't it ever going to be very fun? as they say what goes around comes around, see how you like it.

rancho-del-oro-golden-retrievers--rdo-golden-retrievers clairyce gaston golden retriever

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

AUTHOR: anonomous - ()

Thank you for letting me know who Tubie is, she has left numerous BS stuff on innocent family breeders in NC and has destroyed their lives along with Debbie Kern from IA. So Tuble is Pam Saxton, thank you. Now it is about time the tables get turned and F up her whole life too along with Debbie Kern and see how they like it.

Tubie whom is really Pam Saxton a Golden Retriever breeder!!!

AUTHOR: Lisa - (U.S.A.)

Tubie... you are a freak, a psycho, you have made rip off reports about my kennel as well, why, do you just spend all your time looking for breeders you can make rip off reports about, you need to get a life!!!

To the other person why are you mentioning "Silver Mine" Kennels, the dog came from another kennel, not Silver Mine. Further more you are 100% wrong about parvo, parvo can be tracked in on shoes, clothes, your person, just because you wash your hands and take off your shoes does NOT mean you will not track in parvo on yourself, at my kennel I allow people to interact with the puppies at 8 weeks, because they have 2 parvo shots by then, but not every breeder has the same rules and if you don't like the breeders rules, then don't get a puppy from them, no ones forcing you! Anyone can go on line and read how VERY contagious and deadly parvo really is!!!

I have a dog from Silver Mine and he is gorgeous and he came to me healthy and parasite free, so just because you had a bad experience with their SON (not them) doesn't mean everyone has that same experience. Maybe your vet is not familiar with English Cream Golden's??? Did you know that you can send DNA into AKC to test if it is a pure breed Golden Retriever and to match it up to the parents to be sure those are the true parents, so before you claim it isn't, don't you think it's only fair to be sure before you claim things like that!!!

Defamation of character is a serious crime, so watch what you say if you can't back it up with proof!!! "Silver Mine" has some of the top champion show lines in Europe, they are not a puppy mill... that's ridiculous!!! Puppy Mills do NOT spend thousands upon thousands of dollars to buy their breeding stock, which is how much Silver Mine kennels spent buying theirs, I know because I have a dog from one of the breeders that most of their dogs came from in Spain! Also if "Silver Mine" were filthy, then animal control would have shut them down already and when AKC inspected them they would have turned them in to animal control!

A parent can not always control what their "adult" children do or how they live, so don't go blaming the parents for something which they might not have any control over.

Snow White Goldens are not in compliance with A.K.C...

AUTHOR: Islandkira - (U.S.A.)

First of all! Why doesn't Snow White Goldens have any proof of being in compliance with A.K.C. and second of all I would never give a dog back to someone who has abused and neglected it the way they have! Where would that put the dog, back into an environment that is inhumane and sickening. Once again, please do not buy from Snow White Goldens, affiliated with Silvermine Kennel. If my statements are not true from what Silvermine Kennel says, then why are they spending so much time defending they're name, this is because it is true. The Golden Retrievers Club of Scottsdale, AZ has accumulated many complaints from past puppy buyers of these kennels. If you have any doubt about buying a dog from these people, please just research before you commit to purchasing. Also, if you confide in any veterinarian they will tell you that, reputable breeders will always let you see the litter and the parents. To see the interaction between the puppies is always a good sign and reassurance that you are not dealing with a puppy mill! The Silvermine Kennel and Snow White Kennel, say you cannot interact with the litter, because you might contaminate the silvermine kennel with the virus, NOT TRUE! If you take your shoes off and wash your hands, there is very little possibility. This is just a tactic that these kennels use to suck you in, and get caught in their tornado of lies! Just ask any Veterinarian! F.Y.I. Silvermine Kennel, the money $2,500 is not the issue at hand. We could care less about the money. The issue is terminating all irreputable breeders, who take advantage of the public, and most importantly putting breeders who immorally treat animals OUT of BUSINESS!!!!

#5 REBUTTAL Owner of company

AUTHOR: Silvermine - (U.S.A.)

I should have said that all of our dogs are registered AKC and that our recent annual AKC Compliance Report shows us to be "In Compliance". This means that we met all the AKC standards for compliance during a physical inspection of our facility and records on 12/9/07. Also we have had no response to our offer of a refund so they must like the pup and want to keep her.

#6 REBUTTAL Owner of company

#7 REBUTTAL Owner of company

#8 REBUTTAL Owner of company

#9 REBUTTAL Owner of company

One quick point...

AUTHOR: Tubie - (U.S.A.)

"As to Silvermine Kennel we are members of the A.K.C."

This is not correct - the AKC is a registry, not a club and it has no members. You do not become a "member" of the AKC by registering dogs, you are only using a service that they are providing.

Don't listen to the lies...

AUTHOR: Islandkira - (U.S.A.)

Everything they have claimed is not true! Please contact the Golden Retriever Kennel club of Scottsdale, AZ, they have all the answers to these your questions. They are a reputtable source who will steer you away from buying a puppy from the Silvermine and Snow White Goldens! My family has been a victim and I don't want anybody to go through what we have gone through!

#12 REBUTTAL Owner of company

AUTHOR: Silvermine - (U.S.A.)

In the interest of customer satifaction upon return of the puppy to Snow White Goldens,Silvermine Kennel will refund the purchase price of this puppy so that the client can go eslewhere and find a puppy that they will love. We do not want them to have a pup that they will not be happy with. Let it be noteed that this client never contacted Silvermine Kennel after they decided they did not like this puppy.

And as for the the following comments by the Silvermine Kennel....

AUTHOR: Islandkira - (U.S.A.)

is subject to being shutdown. Please contact the AKC before you decide to buy a puppy. The Silvermine and Snow White Goldens Kennel claims to sell AKC dogs and they do have papers for two of there AKC certified dogs, but these are not the parents of the puppies, they are FALSE papers! Who knows if they are even ALiVE!! The AKC can and will prove this. They will and are going to shut these puppy mills down! Please do not purchase a puppy from these people you will be very dissapointed and sickened! Always contact the AKC before you buy a Golden Retriever, they will steer you away from buying a puppy from these two inhumane kennels because this has happened to many people around the country!!! And yes, this is true, I have proof!

#14 REBUTTAL Owner of company

This is just not true

AUTHOR: Silvermine - (U.S.A.)

These people are untruthful. They did in fact contact me and I refered them to my son Zachary, Snow White Goldens. They purchased a puppy from him and while they were waiting for it to reach 8 weeks old she contacted my son several times a week with questions. She told me this herself and also that she really liked him. When she came to pick up her puppy because she did not want it shipped she asked Zachary if she could interact with the entire litter and he would not let her. That is his policy and ours because the pups are not fully immunized at 8 weeks and need to be protected from exposure to parvo, distemper, etc.

She called me from his home to complain to me about this and I told her the same thing. His female was indeed killed by a car when she bolted from the door and into the street. She ask me about that and I confirmed it.

At this point she had not paid for the pup but decided to do so and left with the the puppy. She was provide with an AKC Puppy Registration packet and also with a veterinarian's health certificate showing the pup to be in good health. She called me the next day to complain that her puppy had diarhea and that she was up with it all night. I ask her some questions and she admitted that it wasn't really diarhea just soft. I told her if she still had concerns to take the pup to a vet and get back to me with the report. She never did, I assumed that the vet reported a healthy pup.

Two days later her husband called my son and told him that he had called the F.B.I. and that they would investigate him and that they were going to sue him for fraud and several other threats. As of today this report is the only action they have taken.

As to Silvermine Kennel we are members of the A.K.C. and have recently passed our annual A.K.C. Compliance Report showing us to be in compliance in all areas. We believe this to be a case of buyer's remorse