Complaint Review: Social Moving Group, LLC

• Updated: Sun, October 27, 2013

• Reported By: IraqVett — Kennesaw Georgia
Social Moving Group, LLC
457 Nathan Dean Blvd. Dallas, Georgia USA

Social Moving Group, LLC SMG Pay me in CASH or I'll take your belongings! Dallas Georgia

Social Moving Group was contracted by my fiancé for 3 hours at $119 per hour.  A $100 deposit paid via MasterCard was required to reserve three movers and one truck for the duration.  The move date was scheduled for Sunday, October 27 2013 at 10am EST.

The laborer only identified as “JM” followed by two others, initiated contact by demanding $700 in cash.  His appraisal estimated 6 hours of labor and since Social Moving Group office was unopened that no credit card would be accepted.  At this point, I entered the room to investigate the paperwork regarding the transaction.

My conclusion was to terminate the contract, loose the deposit and find another moving company because something didn’t feel right about this situation.  JM belligerently snatched the paperwork from my grasp, pointed his finger in my face and stated, “You are not on the paperwork, I’m the boss, go and break down the beds. [continued below]....

.....” all of this in front of my 14-year-old daughter.

This was the beginning of the ordeal and against my better judgment, services where rendered.  All parties mutually agreed to accept only 3 hours of service; 90 minutes to load, 30 minutes of transportation and 60 minutes unload.  Launching Social Moving Group time-consuming tactics of re-wrapping pre-packaged items like boxes, chairs and solid objects to run down the clock.

Upon arrival to the new location, JM demanded full payment made in cash prior to unloading the truck.  I refused; their paperwork clearly stated that payment was due upon completion of services.  Woodstock police department was contacted, JM informed my fiancé that if I didn’t pay him the cash now that our belongings would be taken to a storage unit and sold.  When she said “No”, he called her an “old bitch”, stated; “you’re stupid to listen to him”.

Officer L. Russell (badge number #1635) arrived by our request to false allegations made by the company about us.  The officer consulted both parties on civil law and mediated the transaction and exchange after first hand experience JM demeanor.  Luckily for us the police stayed until the truck was completely uploaded.

It took 14minutes to unload the truck under police supervision. The truck contained one coach, two dressers, two bed frames and one office chair.  The company stated to the officer that we had no time left as they billed us as they waited for the police.  The final payment was given to the officer, the officer paid the company and they left our belongings on the curb with exception to the coach.

They worked for a total of 90minutes including transport and we where billed for 3 hours.  When the manager known as Ben was contacted regarding the action of his employees all calls where disconnected.  Property damage was assessed with no applicable recourse and we finished the job our selves.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/27/2013 06:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Social-Moving-Group-LLC/Dallas-Georgia-30157/Social-Moving-Group-LLC-SMG-Pay-me-in-CASH-or-Ill-take-your-belongings-Dallas-Georgia-1094992. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Social Moving Group, LLC