Complaint Review: Society Of Field Inspectors SOFI

• Submitted: Thu, February 17, 2005
  • Updated: Thu, May 08, 2014

• Reported By:St. Charles Missouri
Society Of Field Inspectors SOFI
925 N. Highway A1A, Suite 201 Indialantic, Florida U.S.A.

Society Of Field Inspectors, SOFI National Field Service Directory is a Ripoff Indialantic Florida

*General Comment: SOFI and Richard Law have helped me a lot!

*Consumer Comment: Consider the Source

*Consumer Comment: Sofi is not a Ripoff!

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: SOFI is not a problem

*Consumer Comment: SOFI is everything is claims to be. A great society for field inspectors

*Consumer Comment: SOFI IS AN EXCELLENT COMPANY

*Consumer Comment: $84.00 well spent for me!

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: This Claim Has NO Basis Or Merit

Purchased the National Field Service Directory that was supposed to contain the contact names, phone numbers and addresses of companies interested in utilizing field service work from individuals seeking assignments (like myself).

In reality, the directory contained disconnected phone numbers, individuals that had no idea they were listed or even performed this type of work, and a few companies that were looking for work, but not offering any.

The directory was a complete waste of $84.00.

Don't fall for this one. It's just another piece of garbage floating about the wonderful world wide web.

James
St. Charles, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/17/2005 10:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Society-Of-Field-Inspectors-SOFI/Indialantic-Florida-32903/Society-Of-Field-Inspectors-SOFI-National-Field-Service-Directory-is-a-Ripoff-Indialantic-131703. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Society Of Field Inspectors SOFI

#1 General Comment

SOFI and Richard Law have helped me a lot!

AUTHOR: Angel - ()

There are lots of rip offs in the field services industry but SOFI is NOT one of them. In fact my dealings with SOFI have been the solution to the things that are a rip off. I started in the business working for a company that wouldn't pay me and I got lots of help from Richard. Later on, I used his knowledge of the business to expand my workload in a new city and avoid choosing less than ethical companies. I found the directory to be very helpful and was hired by several new companies I found in the directory. This business is a mine field for new inspectors and SOFI is the best help available.

Consider the Source

AUTHOR: jycmba - (United States of America)

This directory was invaluable when I got started. As several folks have already said, Richard & Dorann are quality folks. They've been helping field inspectors get started for years.

Through his mentoring and guidance, Richard taught me how to avoid a lot of the landmines that get newbies in trouble and where the gold really was - commercial inspections. Now I'm teaching my students at fieldrep101.com!

Sofi is not a Ripoff!

AUTHOR: Don B. - (U.S.A.)

Sofi in my opinion is not a ripoff! I purchased the directory also and it has made me money. I have since gone on to advertise on the Sofi website. The individual complaining must not want to work. I have gotten business from being listed in the directory. You get out of it what you put in! They have done everything for me that Richard and Dorann said they would! I recommend Sofi!

#4 REBUTTAL Individual responds

SOFI is not a problem

AUTHOR: Besco - (U.S.A.)

Hi I just read the report about Sofi. I am a member and find that Richard and Doran are very nice excellent people. They have a business but they really care about what they do.I have the directory it works fine Im not super busy like I thought I would be. I can call them they allways talk to me or email what ever any one that calls there business a rip off is definatly wrong.

SOFI is everything is claims to be. A great society for field inspectors

AUTHOR: Richard - (U.S.A.)

Look, I'm sorry this guy had trouble with SOFI, but that is not the case for me or hundreds of other fellow field service inspectors. The people at SOFI have been extremely helpful to me in setting up my business and providing guidence along the way. Thier services are top notch, including the National Field Service Directory! Please don't let one persons bad temper ruin the good name of this society.
Thanks for hearing me out,
Richard D.
Northeast Florida

SOFI IS AN EXCELLENT COMPANY

AUTHOR: J. Page - (U.S.A.)

I am a user of Richard Law's SOFI company a find them to be an excellent
organization. I would advise anyone starting in the field inspection business
to join SOFI immediately and run from the foreclosure bank inspector Co. of
Lansing, Michigan. Lee Page (((ROR REDACTED)))

$84.00 well spent for me!

AUTHOR: Offgrid - (U.S.A.)

I joined SOFI that is owned by Richard (3) years ago. I followed Richards instructions in contacting various types of inspection and I have been turning work down that I simply cannot get to. If you would contact for example,(1)RR.Donnelley,(2) Millinnieum you will have more inspections than one inspector can complete. James,Southern Indiana.

#8 REBUTTAL Owner of company

This Claim Has NO Basis Or Merit

AUTHOR: Richard - (U.S.A.)

This claim has no basis or merit.

First, this person is not using his REAL name or address. James is not James and he lives in Indiana, not Missouri. The mis-information begins!

Second, this person was attempting to use a BUSINESS DIRECTORY to contact major corporations on a WEEKEND. It's no wonder this person could not get through on the telephone. Everyone knows that corporations don't answer their telephones on Saturday and Sunday.

Third, the product was sold with a satisfaction guarantee. He was told that he would receive a refund upon return of the product. A refund was not a problem.

Fourth, this person does NOT TELL YOU that he received a refund DIRECT to his credit card on the SAME DAY the product was returned.

You decide if this claim has any basis or merit.

Please contact me direct if you would like a copy of my letter to the Better Business Bureau and the letter I receive back.