Complaint Review: Softwarepros CA

• Updated: Wed, August 31, 2011

• Reported By: sue — Orpington Nationwide United Kingdom
Softwarepros CA
Internet, California United States of America

Softwarepros CA Softwarepros 800 Selling FREE security then charging your credit card more than you authorise Internet, California

I was trying to download an up to date version of AVG Free and thought I had found it.  However I could not download it, much as I tried, but eventually I accepted the offer of AVG 3 year security protection software for $29.99.

On 10.20.10 I paid the $29.99 on my credit card for the 3 year AVG security software but was charged $74.12 in total by SoftwarePro 800, also on the 10.20.10.  Also on that date my computer stopped scanning my computer and the AVG software stopped protecting my computer.

I now find that all I received was the AVG Free version not an AVG enhanced 3 year security package and that I should not have been charged anything.  Although I had agreed to pay $29.99 I was charged considerable more.

Of course I have contacted SoftwarePro  but have received no refund.  My credit card company could not refund the over charge and when I spoke to AVG they could not trace anything relatng to me and my computer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/31/2011 12:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Softwarepros-CA/Internet-California-/Softwarepros-CA-Softwarepros-800-Selling-FREE-security-then-charging-your-credit-card-more-771285. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Softwarepros CA