- Report: #1083570
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: softwarepros.com
softwarepros.com Charged me for a subscription I never ordered Indio California
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
- I searched the internet for a free version of spybot search and destroy which is a FREE program that removes viruses and harmful files from your computer. I couldn't find a free version but kept getting connected to softwarepros.com when searching. After trying many times I decided to buy their spybot search and destroy program for $16.95 one time fee. I didn't even get the program and then they charged my American Express card $94.67. I sent them an email disputing the charge and they immediately responded that they would prosecute to the full extent of the law if I didn't pay the charge. I even offered to pay the $16.95 that I agreed to even though I did not download anything from their website. I tried to explain that I would show them on their own website the offer that I subscribed to but they said that offer was no longer available and not listed on the website anymore so I couldn't show them. How convenient, huh? I disputed the charge with American Express and Softwarepros.com responded to Amex with a fake invoice listing all of these services that I supposedly purchased. I never received a copy of an invoice via email. I only received a welcome email on 8/19/13 congratulating me on my subscription. No pricing on the email, no invoice attached.
- If you do a search on this company on the internet you will find several scam sites featuring many complaints on this company. Scambook.com has had 69 complaints with over $10,000 in damages and none of these complaints have been resolved after several attempts to contact softwarepros.com failed. Another website to look at is ripoffreport.com. Many complaints have been made to your website as well and have not been resolved because you cannot locate them. I'm providing you with the email address and the location they gave to Amex is Indio, CA. I tried to get a physical address or phone number but was unsuccessful. While searching the scam sites and yours I noticed several locations for this company.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/11/2013 08:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/softwareproscom/Indio-California-92201/softwareproscom-Charged-me-for-a-subscription-I-never-ordered-Indio-California-1083570. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.