Complaint Review: Sonia Merino, Readings By Sonia - Malibu Psychic

• Submitted: Fri, May 16, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, March 06, 2011

• Reported By:las Vegas Nevada
Sonia Merino, Readings By Sonia - Malibu Psychic
22814 Pacific Coast Highway Malibu, California U.S.A.
  • Phone: 310-924-1529
  • Web:
  • Category: Psychic

Sonia Merino, Readings By Sonia - Malibu Psychic Malibu Psychic Scam by Sonia Merino Malibu California

*Consumer Comment: Not Bad OK?

*Consumer Comment: I visited Sonyja Today for Fun like Most

*Consumer Comment: Sonia Merino Scammer Found!

*Consumer Comment: Update re lawsuit

*General Comment: Lawsuit against Sonia

*Consumer Comment: $15,000.00 Are you crazy?

*Consumer Comment: SONIA MERINO is a Thief

*Consumer Comment: You WERE in fact Scammed!

Sonia Merino is a supposed psychic in Malibu, CA. Recently, I went to the psychic for fun, and subsequently got conned into over $15,000 of fraudulent charges.

Sonia Merino, "Readings by Sonia," claimed that the charges were necessary to warn off evil spirits, bad energies, an for "material" including candles and other "psychic" materials that would help her rid these bad energies from my life.

Regardless, this ripoff started with a cheap comprehensive reading for my birthday as a "fun" trial. Subsequently, I received urgent warnings from this psychic that if I did not allow her to perform certain rituals, my life would be plagued until I die.

I reported the fraudulent transactions to my credit card company, and am now in the dispute process.

Buyer be ware, Sonia Merino has used unethical practices.

Feelingscammed
las Vegas, Nevada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/16/2008 05:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sonia-Merino-Readings-By-Sonia-Malibu-Psychic/Malibu-California-90265/Sonia-Merino-Readings-By-Sonia-Malibu-Psychic-Malibu-Psychic-Scam-by-Sonia-Merino-Malib-333036. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sonia Merino, Readings By Sonia - Malibu Psychic

Not Bad OK?

AUTHOR: Derrick - (United States of America)

I've been seeing an Psych M.D., and Therapist since I can remember, and thought I'd talk to Sonyja to see what she had to say about my significant life issues including having a sociopathic father, a murder of my parner's mother, and significant life challenges, although I am a high performing individual.

I provided as little information as possible and as a student of Psychology (I am pursuing a Master's degree in Psychology), I found that her insight and ability to read my mind state was just as effective as CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy), which uses a different approach but seeks to help you achieve self-awareness.

To the extent that any others post negative comments, I would offer the position that she is very intuitive regarding human nature and if you compare her to a certified therapist, most mature from the need for treatment when they feel that they understand the real issue and are able to move on individually.  As a consumer, you engaged as a willing participant and I'd argue that if you received some personal cognitive benefit from her services, you're in the wrong for bashing her.

As I talked through our session, I quizzed her and was acutely aware that she has a firm understanding of the thinking of the human brain and empirically proven psychological principles.  Sorry that she maybe couldn't channel your dead grandmother.  If nothing else, she provided therapy to you.  Also, you might shift the management of your pocketbook as your responsibility and no-one else's.

Derrick Rand
Dallas, TX
6 Mar 11

I visited Sonyja Today for Fun like Most

AUTHOR: Derrick - (United States of America)

Derrick Rand
Dallas, TX
6 Mar 11

Sonia Merino Scammer Found!

AUTHOR: Andy - (USA)

For those of you searching for Sonia Merino, she is now operating in Corona del Mar, CA under the business name of Crystal Lotus. The business is located at:

3100 E Coast Hwy
Corona Del Mar, CA 92625-2301
(949) 760-9477

This is the same Sonia Merino who along with her husband, Ed Marino was prosecuted convicted of Federal tax evasion. They were forced to liquidate their Manhattan Beach, CA home in order to pay the back taxes and penalties and have simply moved South to bilk another wealthy community.

If you have been ripped-off by these people who used to operate under the name of Angelic Santuary, contact the City Council and inform them.

Corona del Mar Chamber of Commerce

City of Newport Beach

Update re lawsuit

AUTHOR: Attorney - (USA)

I am the attorney in Malibu who made the posting submitted and dated May, 2010, regarding a lawsuit against Sonia Merino/Readings by Sonia. The lawsuit has been dismissed.  I am not interested in any further comments or information on this matter, so please do not contact me.

#5 General Comment

Lawsuit against Sonia

AUTHOR: Attorney - (United States of America)

I am an attorney in Malibu representing a client in a lawsuit against Sonia Merino/Readings by Sonia alleging financial elder abuse.  Please contact me if you have any information regarding Sonia.  (310) 457-4100.

$15,000.00 Are you crazy?

AUTHOR: Ramjet - (U.S.A.)

Why in the h*** would you send thousands of dollars to some crackpot on the internet for absolutely nothing.

First of all there is NO such thing as a psychic.  I repeat NO such thing as a psychic.  People who claim to be are absolutely 100% frauds and you are complete idiots to even send them a nickel or to waste any bandwidth on them.

They are getting rich off you idiots.

Do NOT send them any more, learn to deal with your problems or whatever, like everyone else.  At least it won't make your problems worse by losing money.

the reason you are feeling scammed is because you were, but it's your own fault for being such a sucker.

Good grief!

SONIA MERINO is a Thief

AUTHOR: Fooled in CDM - (United States of America)

I have recently against my friends recommendation been a victim of Sonia as well. For all who wish to see her I would highly recommending NOT giving her a large amount of money upfront EVER... I did this and had to sign a contract at the time. She has failed to fulfill her part of the agreement but is refusing to reimburse me what I feel is what I am owed.

You WERE in fact Scammed!

AUTHOR: Fleeced - (U.S.A.)

HI,

I had a very similiar experience with Sonia Merino and was fleeced for lots more than $15,000. I recently found her in Newport Beach (see my rip off report under Angelic Sanctuary). She has two business locations there. The Newport police said I should have made a fraud report right away as there is a statue of limitation. I strongly suggest that you make a report in Malibu and in Newport Beach. She's very good at the tactics to have you part with your money and apparantly very good at evading the law. She told me my relative (who I loved so dearly) would die if the negative and evil energies weren't worked on released.