Complaint Review: Sonic Camera's

• Updated: Fri, June 12, 2009

• Reported By:odessa Florida
Sonic Camera's

Sonic Camera's sonic cameras MARINE PARK New York

My wife said i could get a new camera for my 40th birthday so i stated searching around for a cannon mark2 5d. I came across sonic cameras and saw what I thouhgt was a great deal.When i called the salesman told me the camera was on sale for 1699 but the sale was going to be over soon. I begged my wife and she gave in unfortunatley. When I called back he told me i needed a memory card,charger, and battery. when I asked him for a cannon 24-105 lens he talked me into a sigma 28-300 which he said was 1299. About a mounth later the lens lock stoped working so I tried contacting soni, and there phones are down, and there seems to be no email that works.So I tried contacting sigma, which by the way no one answeres there either so i happened to search around there sight to look at the same lens that sonic said was 1299.00 and found that retail was 400.00$$.I beleive they cornholed me on the lens charger and everything else they said I needed.They are scammers and will suck you in on what you think is a good deal, and then cornhole you hard with no lube on the back side. Growing up in miami I should know all the scams, but I wasso excited to get such a bad a*s camera for my 40th birthday I wasnt doing all my other homework on the other items he was ripping me off on.

odessa, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/12/2009 05:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sonic-Cameras/MARINE-PARK-New-York-11234/Sonic-Cameras-sonic-cameras-MARINE-PARK-New-York-461238. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sonic Camera's