Complaint Review: Sonic Drive In

• Updated: Sun, August 18, 2013

• Reported By: Anomyus — Oroville California
Sonic Drive In
500 Oro Dam Blvd. Oroville, California USA

Sonic Drive In Unfair Wages Treatment. I was hired, the told I did not "pan out" after being improperly trained Oroville California

I am 34 years old, and have worked at the Sonic Drive-In on 500 Oro Dam Blvd. Oroville, CA since June 2013. I was origanly hired to be "trained" as a cook. After only 6 collective days working there (2 days a week on the weekends) I was told that I did not "pan out" but I was able to be put on a different psoition as a preasure washer.  I was to wash the deck for four hours every Sun, Wed, and Fridays for 3 hours off the clock. (Paid in "pay-outs") Eventualy I got tired of this, and asked the hiring manager if there was any way I could get more hours. And she said yes.

I then explained to her that I didn't feel that I was trained properly in the kitchen, and to be quite honest, I wasn't sure how I was suddenly finding my self presure washing off the clock for 3 hours every 3 days a week for $10.00/hour. She agreed, and put me back in the kitchen, and back on the clock. Now I preasure wash for 2 hours a day, and am being "retrained" to cook for one hour every Sunday, Wendsday, and Friday.

Also I have seen verry supisous activity when it comes to peoples hours and shifts. I have seen different employees who have been able to getinto the reprograming (minipulating if you will hours, and shifts in the store computers data banks.

I haven't had a job for three years because of the economy. Is this sort of treatment the new standard for employees? Or have I been some how discriminated against.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/18/2013 07:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sonic-Drive-In/Oroville-California-95991/Sonic-Drive-In-Unfair-Wages-Treatment-I-was-hired-the-told-I-did-not-pan-out-after-be-1076904. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sonic Drive In