Complaint Review: Sony Computer Entertainment

• Updated: Mon, February 24, 2014

• Reported By: Repair Number 1397534053 — Covina California
Sony Computer Entertainment
PO. BOX 5888 san mateo, California USA

Sony Computer Entertainment SCEA Sony Backed Out Of Confirmed Warranty Repair san mateo California

Have already owned like 4 PS3 consoles. On the 3rd, I paid for a service replacement/warranty. At that time I paid $140 to get a replacement. The unit then malfunctioned again within 3 months or replacement. At that time I called back into service. Talked to several "supervisors", at the time. They setup replacement for me, however never disclosed their was a "limited time frame" to send back the unit. Then when it was sent back, they used that as an excuse to not fix.

I continued to discuss the situation with upper customer service management for the Playstation 3, seeing that I had a customer service issue with this. In which they continued to backpeddle the fix the unit as promised because Jill (the Supervisor) had said that the service center says that the unit's seal "was scratched".  But she said she never had seen it, and is not really sure what that means.

That there is nothing she could do, and if I wanted my unit back the way it was promised, that I would have to pay the $140 (there was also a game stuck inside the unit).

She was unhelpful, and was not willing to address the issue in any way, than a sorry..too bad.

I am seeking a refund of my already paid repairs for the 2 times I already paid to have it serviced totaling $280 because at this point the repairs and function of said product is always faulty and all I do is continue to pay to get my consoles back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/24/2014 07:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sony-Computer-Entertainment/san-mateo-California-94402-0888/Sony-Computer-Entertainment-SCEA-Sony-Backed-Out-Of-Confirmed-Warranty-Repair-san-mateo-C-1126254. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sony Computer Entertainment