Complaint Review: Source Marketing

• Reported By: Tracy — Casa Grande Arizona United States of America
Source Marketing
Deerfield Beach, Florida United States of America

Source Marketing Your Magazine Source Phone Scam Deerfield Beach, Florida

*Author of original report: No magazines or customer service

I recieved a call from 360-967-4286 Dec. 21, 2010 telling me I had won a $1000 shopping spree. The catch was paying S&H of $8.93 to Your Magazine Source. I spoke with Jim, employee # 2018. The charge for $8.93 was charged to my card immediately. Nothing else has been charged so far.

I was told I would recieve three trial magazine subscriptionsand if I did not cancel within 21 days I would be charged a annual fee of $98.47 for the subscriptions. In order to cancel I had to call 1-866-537-4728 with-in that 21 day period. When I call the # I just get a voice mail.

I recieved a letter on 1/4/11 withthe shopping spree which is completely bogus. You go to a web site called selectyourgifts.com,they have a very small selection of nothing but crap and you have to pay shipping and handling onEACH item plus a$5.00 processing fee for each order. With the quality of theitems,you are basicly paying for everything you order.
I have not received any magazines. If I don't hear anything in the next day or so from customer service I'm going to call my bank. Jim (the representative that called me) said that this company had been in bussiness for over 20yrs and the company had never had any complaints. WELL I HAVE A LOT OF COMPLAINTS!

I should have listened to my instincts. This is a total scam. I really didn't care about the magazines, I was just hoping to enjoy the shopping spree and get myfamily some things I wasn't able to get them for Christmas. Instead I wasted almost $9.00 that I couldn't afford to waste, and I have nothing to show for it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/05/2011 12:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Source-Marketing/Deerfield-Beach-Florida-33443/Source-Marketing-Your-Magazine-Source-Phone-Scam-Deerfield-Beach-Florida-679042. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Source Marketing

No magazines or customer service

AUTHOR: Tracy - (United States of America)

Well as of today, I have not received a single magazine as promised. I also have not received a call back from customer service to cancel my account.

I was forced to cancel my bank card limiting my own access to my bank account. If anyone has had to do this it is a real pain. Not only do you not have the ability to make card purchases while waiting for your new card, but you have to try to remember to contact everyone you have an account with that get paid through that card to avoid charges for unpaid bills.

I used to think I would never get scammed, but you never know what you will believe if they push the right buttons (a promise of a thousand dollar shopping spree when you don't have any money for Christmas).