contrary

• Updated: Tue, March 26, 2013

• Reported By: first time user — encinitas California
south bay expressway
1129 la media rd san diego, California United States of America

south bay expressway huge fine for first time user san diego, California

*UPDATE Employee: We're happy to assist you with your violation ...

*Consumer Comment: their real plan

on 3-8-2013 I entered the south bay expressway by mistake. map quest directed me this way on my way down from northern san diego county but I was able to reroute it. on the way home, it was raining hard and I didn't remember to reroute the gps.

I found myself on the ramp to the expressway before i could turn around. Initially I was in the fast track lane but was able to back up and maneuver into the lane with the toll area. I saw that the toll was $2.50 so I started putting change in thinking I had enough in the ash tray. i was still about $1.40 short so I tried to change a $20 bill but there were no change machines. I then jumped out and went to the trunk to check my golf bag for money. Finding only a dollar, I threw it in. By now I am  drenched and getting very frustrated. The toll booth has no change machine or cover to protect you from the rain.
As a last resort, I tried to pay the balance with my credit card, but the machine would not run my card for some reason. I felt that I had exhausted my resources and had paid $2.10
of my $2.50 toll. I was soaked to the skin and the inside of the car was wet from trying to do these transactions with the window down.
Out of frustration I rolled up the window and went on my way. I then got off the tollway at the first opportunity

There was no literature or signage that I noticed saying you could pay later on the internet. I figured that they would see that I had paid most of the toll and give me a pass. I was disturbed to get a notice in the mail today stating that the south bay expressway had not only not credited my partial payment but had stuck me with a $62.50 penalty.
This is outrageous. I could understand a warning letter for the first offense. I would even be happy to send them a check for $5.60 to cover the cost of the remaining toll plus a $5.00 admin fee.
I will never ever use this road again regardless of the eventual outcome. This is not the way I run my business and am appalled by an organization like this who fleeces its customers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/21/2013 07:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/south-bay-expressway/san-diego-California-92154/south-bay-expressway-huge-fine-for-first-time-user-san-diego-California-1036891. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on south bay expressway

We're happy to assist you with your violation ...

AUTHOR: South Bay Expressway - ()

First time user,

We are sorry to hear about your experience. Based on your description, it sounds likely that this was two separate transactions, with the first being in the FasTrak lane, which would have resulted in a violation.

We welcome the opportunity to work with you to resolve the issue, so please email us at Solutions@sbxthe125.com with your license plate number or violation number so we can research your transaction.

We look forward to hearing from you.  Thank you.

their real plan

AUTHOR: Mike - ()

maybe the real money maker for them is fining  persons that make the mistake of using the scam  tollway

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC