Complaint Review: south chicago auto auction of harvey , llc

• Submitted: Fri, March 01, 2013
  • Updated: Sat, March 02, 2013

• Reported By: Jerry 5633700726 — Davenport Iowa United States of America
south chicago auto auction of harvey , llc
396 east sibley blvd suite b Harvey, Illinois United States of America

south chicago auto auction of harvey , llc They would not refund my deposit or show me the car I just put the deposit on! Harvey, Illinois

*Consumer Comment: Why didn't you walk away from this deal?

I got screwed on the day of 2-27-2013 by South Chicago Auto Auction Of Harvey, LLC

Located at 396 East Sibley Blvd. Suite # B

I lost a $600 dollar deposit. Please do not go and try and buy a car from them. They will put the screws to you.

Here is my expereince with them. I got there at 5:15 pm and waited in line to sign up and get a number. I only had 10 minutes or so to look at a car. I printed a car that I wanted off ebay and took it there to buy it. Me and my girlfriend waited and watched the cars go through the auction. After waiting about 2 hrs we decided to go ask someone if we could buy the car now or waite. They were very rude!!  I don't wish that on anyone. There were a lot of red flags . I had a feeling we were going to get screwed. long story short, They checked to see if they had the grand am that we were wanting to buy and they said they did but it was $1,700 instead of $1,500. [continued below]....
..... I thought um that's funny. But since it was a 2004 I figured I waited this long I will go ahead and get it. They only allow 1 person to go back and get dry f_ _ _ ed. It was dark so you can't see what your signing and initialing. I signed to a 2003 pontiac grand am and where I initialed it saidit was a different vehicle then the ad. Boy I just got screwed and it didn't feel good at all !! (((ROR redacted)))
So after paying the deposit on a car I didn't know anything about and feeling really stupid at this point. I asked to see it and how many miles were on it. They said I couldn't see it and they acted dumb founded to how many miles were on it. So I had to waite until the auction was over to pay the car off. I thought since I paid $600 of the $1,700 I didn't owe more then $1,200. I knew there was going to be some fees added to it but when I saw how much. Damn!!!!  I got screwed again and it hurt more this time!! I owed  $2,358.00 . I only had $2100 So guess what I couldn't pay for the car.They have an atm machine in the building, There hoping that you have more money in the bank so you can buy there junk cars from them. Needless to say I lost out on my deposit.
The auction lasted til 10pm But we had to waite til 12:30am for them to pull only one of us in and tell me what I still owed on the car. I never did get to see what the car looked like. When they screwed me over they screwed the wrong person over. I have shut down 2 buisnesses bigger then theres. I will shut them down to. Trust me. I make my own rules!

P.s We need to band together. Economy is bad and these fools are taking our hard earned money.

I've read a lot of reviews of people that have a couple of kids and have like 5 kids, And to see them screw hard working families over it makes my blood boil!!

I went back today and tried to get my refund and I had no luck. I told them I was going to call the cops and they Had enough nerve to say they were the cops. I went accross the street from the place and there was an older african american police officer that was sitting in his car. I told him what they said and he even got pissed off. He called another police officer over to talk to me and what he had to say wasn't very good. He couldn't help me. He said it was a civil matter. He went on to say he worked for this outfit "south chicago auto action" as a security officer. He went on to say I need to get in contact with the better business business Bureau or small clames court. But he said they may have had a lawyer write uup the documents so there would be a lot of loop holes in the paper work so you can't get your money back. But if enough of us complain to the better business bureau. We the people can get them shut down!!
This is a fact and the police officer even agreed with me.

Please make videos and post them on youtube. I will call ebay and make videos. You will probably run into more of my postings. My mark will be  kickassJJ

Thanks for reading and I hope this reaches you before you go and buy a piece of crap from the worst auction company in america.

Plus put up with the most rude people I have ever met!

I feel sorry for everyone that got screwed, and for all the other people that are going to get screwed by south chicago auto auction of harvey 396 east sibley blvd. suite #B
CLICK here to see why Rip-off Report, as a matter of policy, deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report. Once lawyers are willing to take on a case against a business, those lawyers will make arrangements with Rip-off Report to put alleged victims in touch with them. Read this link to see why this is for your own protection.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/01/2013 11:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/south-chicago-auto-auction-of-harvey-llc/Harvey-Illinois-60426/south-chicago-auto-auction-of-harvey-llc-They-would-not-refund-my-deposit-or-show-me-th-1022380. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on south chicago auto auction of harvey , llc

Why didn't you walk away from this deal?

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

"There were a lot of red flags . I had a feeling we were going to get screwed." Despite the red flags you let them screw you.

"it was $1,700 instead of $1,500" Another red flag you bent over for.

"It was dark so you can't see what your signing and initialing." That's ok because we already know that you ignore red flags.

"it was a different vehicle then the ad... after paying the deposit on a car I didn't know anything about" That's ok because you have made it clear that you are prepared to get ripped off.

"But if enough of us complain to the better business bureau. We the people can get them shut down!!" The BBB is an independent organization that is not affiliated with any government agency and therefore does not have the power to shut down a company regardless of the number of complaints.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC