Complaint Review: south shore laser

• Updated: Thu, June 05, 2014

• Reported By: Jennifer — Babylon New York
south shore laser
98 East Main Street Babylon, New York USA

south shore laser South Shore Lasers Shady, Deceptive, THEY SELL SNAKE OIL! NOTHING WORKS! Babylon New York

South Shore Lasers sold me something called "Cavi" and led me to believe it was FDA approved.  I got an advertisement at my home and I was interested in "Liposuction" at the time.  Their ads say "Lipo" and I assumed it was liposuction.  It was not.  I went in for a consultation with Anthony Castillo, who admitted he had NO MEDICAL BACKGROUND.  He told me everyone there was licensed and convinced me to buy a package of their "body contouring", "cavi-lipo" service.  He kept calling me after my consultation to lower the price, for "cash".  I agreed to pay some in cash.  I saved all my paperwork to show the appropriate authorities.

I was told that Cavi-Lipo was FDA approved, safe and "super effective" on reducing inches on my tummy and waste.

IT WAS ALL A LIE!

I WAS DUPED!  I feel so stupid and taken advantage of. [continued below]....

.....  During one of my last sessions I was informed by the "technician" (whom I will not mention) doing my treatment that allot of people complain of getting no results, so the owners are used to "dealing with complaints" and will address mine if needed.  She also (innocently) let out some very interesting information.  She told me that the two owners (husband and wife), Mr. and Mrs. Mike Roemer are former washed up real estate salesman who started a rogue "medi-spa" business! Only theres no "medical" or "spa" services or personel there at all!

I feel absolutely taken advantage of.

I finished all my sessions and gained no results at all.  I called Anthony several times and he (amazingly) was always "unavailable".  I left messages and even tried calling there asking for the owner Mike Roemer and I was told that "he doesn’t come in often" and would call me when he does.  I never did get that call.

That’s when I began doing more digging on South Shore Lasers.  I also found out that they have only been open for 2 years and are struggling to stay afloat. I also found out that they have an "investor" named Kim Vantassle who bought the cavi-lipo machine and now gets a piece of the fraud every time someone buys a cavi-lipo package from south shore laser.  I then did some more digging and called the Cavi company as a potential buyer of the cavi machine.

THEIR ADS ARE FILLED WITH LIES.  IT SAYS "NO NEEDLES" AND ON THE SAME PAGE THEY ADVERTISE BOTOX!

I also found out that they have a rogue Physician "Assistant" who goes there and does injections once per week.  The place only has 2 treatment rooms, its a shoe-box.  The thought of anyone wanting to get a needle there is horrifying!

South Shore Lasers is a trap, period!

I was told that I could’ve bought a cavi-lipo machine (FROM KOREA) for about $12,000 NEW!!  Here’s the kicker:  THEY NO LONGER ARE ALLOWED TO SELL CAVI-LIPO IN THE US BECAUSE IT WAS BANNED BY THE FDA BECAUSE ESTABLISHMENTS LIKE "SOUTH SHORE LASER" WERE ADVERTIZING CAVI-LIPO AS FDA APPROVED FOR "RESULTS", WHEN IT WAS NOT!

Here's the FDA's link banning CaviLipo from being used (in the US) at South Shore Laser: http://www.fda.gov/ICECI/EnforcementActions/WarningLetters/2013/ucm379682.htm

This company representative who asked that I not mention his name went on to say that south shore laser was using old, ineffective and useless "machines" on their patients, making them believe that they are fabulous, FDA Approved and effective.

South Shore Laser stole $2500 of my money and I am ripping mad!  I am making copies of all their false advertising and preparing a package for the New York State Attorney General.  The people at south shore lasers take the public for stupid people.  Maybe most people are, but I am not.  I will not stop until this place stops preying on peoples insecurities by selling them things that they promise will help them "look and feel your best"!

Here’s a note to Mr. and Mrs. Roemer:  You should be absolutely ashamed at yourself!  If you have children, I pity them.  You are setting quite the wrong example for them.  Success isn’t measured by the money you make (in your case "steal"), it is measured by your accomplishments.  Money is a byproduct of accomplishment.

See you in court South Shore Laser.

Every Dog has their day.  Smile for the news cameras when you see them coming.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/05/2014 10:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/south-shore-laser/Babylon-New-York-11702/south-shore-laser-South-Shore-Lasers-Shady-Deceptive-THEY-SELL-SNAKE-OIL-NOTHING-WORKS-1152375. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on south shore laser