Complaint Review: south university online

south university online
savannah georgia Internet United States of America

south university online Tutoring problems Internet

*Consumer Comment: Same Concern

I am a student at South University Online and was passing all my courses, then in December 2010 I was supposed to take an Algebra course but I have always had problems with math. I informed my counselor that maybe I could take my course later in the semester and he said just try your best and take advantage of the tutoring SUO has to offer. I started my tutoring sessions and began to have problems with the tutors. They were giving me problems such as, making me wait 20-30 minutes, giving me the wrong process of a problem, and saying that their time was up. When I began to turn my work in the first week I got my results for the exams and I got more than half wrong. I called my counselor and let him know what was going on and he said just to keep trying. The problems just got worse, for my final I thought I would pass, but I didn't I got 6 problems wrong and they were the ones that I got the  tutoring for. My final grade was 68.89% and I needed a 70% to pass. I made calls to the school to see what they could do but they said there was nothing that they could do and I would have to retake the course. They notified the tutoring department but it appears that nothing was done about it, get this they offered me 2 free hours of tutoring. What a joke! I have all A's in my other courses and the one course that I needed help with I didn't get it. My counselor has not called me in almost 3 months and when I try to call him he doesn't return my calls, what should I do?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/16/2011 07:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/south-university-online/internet/south-university-online-Tutoring-problems-Internet-696269. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on south university online

Same Concern

AUTHOR: H. E, G. - (USA)

South University don't care about their students as their focus has to be on the money.  I had the exact same problem and all they kept telling me was I would have to retake the course.  I asked for help from my instructor and all he did was tell me to go look at www.purplemath.com and figure it out.  I think we should ban together and file suit against this school.