Complaint Review: Southern Refrigerated Transport

• Submitted: Tue, December 25, 2007
  • Updated: Sun, February 26, 2012

• Reported By:Mountain Home Arkansas
Southern Refrigerated Transport
8055 Highway 67 North Texarkana, Arkansas U.S.A.

Southern Refrigerated Transport Management by Intimidation Texarkana Arkansas

*UPDATE Employee: Southetn Refrigeration is a great place to work.

Southern Refrigerated Transport, located in Texarkana, AR is an ideal place to work if you like management by intimidation. Also a great place to work if you want to go broke as a driver. Very poor management and very poorly ran company. Totally unprofessional. People who "kiss up" are normally rewarded with job promotions; it is not based on what you know or how hard you work. Driver morale as well as in-house morale is extremely low. Minimum to no positive feedback. Non-existent management guarantees that driver's needs are not met. Driver turnover at Southern Refrigerated is extremely high. When I drove there the yard was filled with 50 to 60 empty trucks.

Oh, and can you talk to management if you have a problem? The answer is no. I, as well as many other drivers had problems with getting home on time. They tell you in orientation that they will get you home on your home time, but that simply is a lie. And you cannot get through to a manager to talk to them. I tried reaching the manager of dispatch repeatedly - he doesn't return calls neither does the managers that work underneath him

If you are a driver and read this avoid Southern Refrigerated like the plague. They are too big of a company...you will get lost n the shuffle...they do not care about their drivers. i as well as countless other drivers (to the tune of 20 quitting a week) have starved working for Southern Refrigerated. Once again if you are thinking about SRT, think again. You won't regret it. If you go work for them you will regret it. I promise. It was a total rip-0ff.

John
Mountain Home, Arkansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/25/2007 05:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Southern-Refrigerated-Transport/Texarkana-Arkansas-71854/Southern-Refrigerated-Transport-Management-by-Intimidation-Texarkana-Arkansas-294298. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Southern Refrigerated Transport

Southetn Refrigeration is a great place to work.

AUTHOR: Scott w - (United States of America)

Intimidation !!! Please come on !! I've work with this company since July 2010, and have seen none of these allegations this person is claiming. O started off as a driver with a crappy old truck. I busted my butt, delivered my loads on time and got the bad loads with the good ones. I originally applied for the trainer program & heard nothing for a couple months. Knowing I was a good candidate, I went in & talked to the head of that department, who gave me a chance & started me off with a simple trainee. I worked hard & documented avg of 10 hands written pages on each student. Since safety was my biggest area I focused on, it wasn't long before my name got noticed among the higher ups .... The head of the safety department called me & offered me a newly created position in the safety department involving the Smith System. I have now been on the inside office of SRT & have got to see how employees are treated. Again, this complaint this person its making about butt kissing & imtimidation is completey UNFOUNDED !! The drivers that are bad and create safety issues for the company are counselled, written up or terminated.... & the good hard working ones that deliver on time are kept rolling. So, it appears this person is one of our past employees that was late to their stops, always trying to go home before the prescribed time, or kept getting DOT violations on their record, which effects the companies overall safety rating.......

I have worked for another large trucking company & am very happy I made the switch over to this company......